Adventure Riding Newbie with a Himalayan

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
unparalleledtwin

Adventure Riding Newbie with a Himalayan

Post by unparalleledtwin »

Hi all,

My name's Matt, I live in Cambridgeshire and recently purchased a Royal Enfield Himalayan. I had a few test rides, and fell in love with a specific demo model I'd ridden, so offered to take it off the dealerships hands! I've been riding for about 8 years, but only got my full license beginning of last year.

I've also got a Triumph Bobber that I've sunk my money into, customising it and making it my own, but I always missed having a thumper I can throw down trails, take green laning, and go camping with, whatever the weather. I've never really done proper adventure riding or serious travelling on a bike, but the Himalayan has ticked all the boxes so far, I was skeptical at first, because of the price, but I can honestly say, that I don't regret the purchase one bit.

Having the diversity of 2 bikes is great, and despite going from a 1200 to a 400 with only 24.5bhp, it's a fantastic machine that I feel is truly capable, it's a bike you can't help but admire for what it is. Hoping to do the Garbage Run next year, Lands End to John O'Groats. Until then, camping in the Peak District and travelling around Scotland are my plans for this year, get a good old taster.

Hopefully see some of you out there! Cheers,

Matt
Alun

Re: Adventure Riding Newbie with a Himalayan

Post by Alun »

Hello and welcome to ABR
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings and welcome Matt,

You might find it useful to contact your local TRF Group in Cambridge. We normally recommend that folk do not ride alone for safety reasons but also the locals will guide where you may or should not ride.

https://trail.trf.org.uk/local-groups-m ... 22&reset=1

TTFN

Hugh.
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Hi matt I have nearly 6k on mine now I've had it a year. 24.5bhp doesn't sound great but I'm still smiling!

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”