Morocco

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Piratelife66

Morocco

Post by Piratelife66 »

Hello, I’m new to this site. I’m going to be traveling to Morocco for a month long trip this summer. And I was wondering if anyone has information about fun routes and if there is a quality place to rent a dual sport for a month in Marrakech. I’ve been looking and all I can find is guided tours and I don’t want that.
diggermanbob

Re: Morocco

Post by diggermanbob »

Try chris s on the forum he knows all you need to know about Morocco , or Wibo he goes every year so knows the place well .
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Last time I went (2012) http://www.loc2roues.com/en was recommended to me by Tim Cullis who lived/travelled in Morocco. In the end we had a change of plan so didn't hire a bike but they were very helpful with prices and information via email.
We did use many other recommendations from Tim about accommodation which turned out well.
Wibo and Chris S on here are also very knowledgeable.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Piratelife66 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:11 pm Hello, I’m new to this site. I’m going to be traveling to Morocco for a month long trip this summer. And I was wondering if anyone has information about fun routes and if there is a quality place to rent a dual sport for a month in Marrakech. I’ve been looking and all I can find is guided tours and I don’t want that.
Good afternoon and welcome to the forum....i hope you'll enjoy your time here.

First question I would ask is what are your dates.......with that in mind one can know what the temperatures would be like and from then on what are your interests.....with that you can tailor your needs to get the maximum out of your visit?

There is a company in Marrakesh amongst others that wil rent out Yamaha XT660Z's along with Honda CRF 250's and the odd BMW 650GS.

Some routes here....

https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... 21&t=47479

All the best

:D
Last edited by WIBO on Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will It Buff Out?
WillS

Post by WillS »

Get yourself a copy of Chris Scotts book "Morocco Overland"
Some excellant information and routes.
A good GPS and a Map is essential.
Also Wibo can give you plenty of advice on trails.
Lots of useful info on Tim Cullis site.
http://www.morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/forum.php
Very hot in the summer though!!

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”