First post

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
RideforAdventure

First post

Post by RideforAdventure » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi All

Ok I am a middle aged adventure bike rider currently owning an Africa Twin and a KTM 350
Been reading the mag since 1st edition and love it.
Rides have included Australian Outback, Gibraltar Race and Pyrenees last summer. This year back to Australia for a west east crossing.. then back to the Gibraltar race for 2020

My biggest need is an insurance company that will insure a UK bike to a Non resident for trips into Europe. This can be done by me insuring the bike and adding my cousin as an additional temporary rider or by insuring in his name. He is a UK citizen but lives in Australia

Any one got any suggestion

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
biker

Re: First post

Post by biker » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi and welcome, don't know if this is any help to you but a couple of years ago i insured my Honda XR400 with a spanish company called Liberty Seguras. They insured my bike from North Africa all through Europe to Russia apart from Albania but there standard breakdown cover only covered me for Spain which is where i spend most of my time, Portugal, Italy and France, 365 days a year, no drought if i had wanted more breakdown cover i probably could have paid extra for it. My son came out for a week and they added him to it at no extra cost.
Regards,
Jim
I AM THAT I AM
Accommodation for bikers in Southern Spain close to the TET

RideforAdventure

Post by RideforAdventure » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:16 pm

Jim

Thank you for that. I will certainly look into it, I have plenty of time before my cousin comes visiting again

Regards

Andrew

AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:17 pm

Unlike British insurers, Spanish insurance is for the vehicle, not the driver, so quite a few Spanish insurers will provide a policy for British vehicles. This could all change after Brexit...

Try Sammy Thomas in Girona, he is an english broker and will always try to beat other quotes. They have a minimum age restriction on some policies, usually anyone between the age of 30 and 70 is covered.

Alun

Post by Alun » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:25 am

Hello and welcome to ABR

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”