New Bike, New Adventure !

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Gaz68

New Bike, New Adventure !

Post by Gaz68 »

Howdy.

I’m Gaz, just traded in my trusty Bandit for a Triumph Tiger 800 XRT.

The years have taken their toll and I put myself in the market for a nice upright riding position and a few wee luxuries (heated grips and seats, cruise control, taller screen). Picked the new bike up from Two Wheels Triumph Edinburgh on Friday, and have been totally impressed with it thus far.

Keen to get involved in the adventure scene and get touring early in the spring, so lookin to tap into the experience and knowledge of those on the forum re any accessories and touring kit I might need. Already picked up loads from previous posts, so thx all and will speak soon.

Gaz.
Tink

Re: New Bike, New Adventure !

Post by Tink »

Nothing like that new bike feeling 😎

Enjoy 🍻😎👍
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Good luck...

Some detachable hard luggage is nice...but the boxes are silly expensive for what they are.

I got a pair of used Givi panniers locally to me for £40 on Gumtree...quite legit.

Bought a new Givi pannier rack specific to my bike for £90 ...an easy bolt-on.

So, cost in total is £130...and that was pretty much paid for very quickly because they meant I could take my bike to Heathrow on 3 occasions instead of the car and park right next to the terminal for FREE!

Open panniers...take out rucksack with my stuff for aircraft trip, and replace with bike gear. Job's a good 'un!
Ricalnic

Post by Ricalnic »

Howdy, where about in Scotland are you ? Tours a plenty on your doorstep, many of which you will likely be familiar with. I’d recommend the borders around Langholm, accessible from Moffat on the west or from Hawick on the east, similarly out by the Gairloch on the west, take in Applecross, Strathcarron or Torridon, all fantastic. And of course the NC500 and variations of depending on how much time you have.
Ireland is only a ferry ride away, and offers some stunning sceneray, quiet roads, and great craic ;)
After that the world is your oyster, and many on here will share their experiences, knowledge, and individual recommendations.

Nice bike BTW, good choice, you’ll not look back
Gaz68

Post by Gaz68 »

Thx Guys,

I'm a few miles from Hamilton in the central belt BTW, and have toured Scotland to death over the years, all of those you mentioned, albeit always love going back, the roads are timeless. Went to the NW200 last year, without the bike, and certainly like the sound of another wee trip across the water.

Got Basecamp fired up and starting to plan for Spring..

Ride Safe...

Gaz
Heff

Post by Heff »

Well if your venturing across the pond why don't you come over for the ABR Ireland Rally 10-12 May.

Full details here........ https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... 48&t=47905

This is the weekend before the NW200

Maybe see you at the rally
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Hello and welcome 8-)
TriumphTart

Post by TriumphTart »

Gaz68 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:58 pm Howdy.

I’m Gaz, just traded in my trusty Bandit for a Triumph Tiger 800 XRT.

The years have taken their toll and I put myself in the market for a nice upright riding position and a few wee luxuries (heated grips and seats, cruise control, taller screen). Picked the new bike up from Two Wheels Triumph Edinburgh on Friday, and have been totally impressed with it thus far.

Keen to get involved in the adventure scene and get touring early in the spring, so lookin to tap into the experience and knowledge of those on the forum re any accessories and touring kit I might need. Already picked up loads from previous posts, so thx all and will speak soon.

Gaz.
Hey Gaz68, good to hear you like the Tiger 800. I'm looking at swapping my Street Triple for the Tiger. Welcome and look forward to hearing about your new adventures soon :)
Fin

Post by Fin »

Hi
Interesting to read your post, I’m in the same boat and bought a Tiger 800 XRT also from Two wheels in Edinburgh (I live in Edin) last May. Swapped from a large and heavy FJR 1300 as I’m not getting any younger. Really love the Tiger and have done a couple of long trips last year NC500 and Ireland. Booked for Europe this year, Ferry from Newcastle then Netherlands, Belgium, France Through Luxembourg and touching Germany and Switzerland. Great bike.
If though my way give me a shout.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Hello and welcome to ABR

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”