Hi there and help

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
RichardQ

Hi there and help

Post by RichardQ »

Hi there from Norwich. I'm planning a trip to US later this month and wondered if anyone has any suggestions for medical insurance whilst there. Been quoted some silly money so far.

As for the ride, we're starting off in New York where I'll buy a bike. From there head over to California and down the pacific highway. Will finally head over to Houston where I'll park the bike up at a friends house. Plan is to ride for about 3 months avoiding highways and toll roads as much as possible. Any ideas, suggestions or must do roads to ride along the way would be appreciated.

Cheers

Richard
OnHellas

Re: Hi there and help

Post by OnHellas »

Hi Richard

Welcome. Your plan sounds good. I am currently insured with Travelsafe for travel insurance. They were easy to buy from.

In the past I’ve used PJ Hayman who were good when it came to a claim. Lots of the companies seem to come back to the same underwriters and medical panel.

My advice would be to make sure that the policy you buy covers you to ride the size of motorcycle that you will be using. Lots of policies only cover you on bikes up to 125cc.
I always say that if I can’t afford the insurance I can’t afgord to go.

A couple of years ago I ended up with Bronchial Pneumonia in Guatemala. Two night in hospital, various scans and X-rays, anti biotics and five days of lung massage.....£2000 please.

I was insured so got about £1800 back. More importantly I got better and rode on.
👍

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”