Starting a small adventure (West Midlands)

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
alanscout

Re: Starting a small adventure (West Midlands)

Post by alanscout »

Thanks all,

Going to try and post something up about the changes and how I'm enjoying it :-)
990Duck

Post by 990Duck »

Welcome from sunny Stoke on Trent.
The big advantage of having a 125 is they're easier to pick up when they decide to take a nap mid trail, unlike all the lumps I've taken off road.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Only just spotted this, how do from Wolverhampton. There's a few people scattered around the west midlands but we never seem to get together unfortunately :(

If you want a hand or have any questions give me a shout and I'll be happy to help if I can.
990Duck

Post by 990Duck »

Mad Hatter wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:12 pm Only just spotted this, how do from Wolverhampton. There's a few people scattered around the west midlands but we never seem to get together unfortunately :(

If you want a hand or have any questions give me a shout and I'll be happy to help if I can.
Maybe we could all meet up at the Raven cafe bike night
alanscout

Post by alanscout »

Well,

Christmas out of the way, and first service done and dusted - though I still haven't put 1000 miles on the thing yet!

I took the side panniers off, which makes a world of difference, but kept the double top box - it's just too useful. The pick up is great by comparison, it feels much more like a 125 now and since the service I've been shifting around the place, though the fuel consumption has suffered as a result. Even so, Easily covering a months travel on one tank now.

I think its safe to say the bike has a few quirks. The fuel injector seems loud, even over the noise of the engine at low speed. I've had the dealer look at it (or more accurately, listen) and they are not concerned at the moment. Even in vaguely cold weather, the bike sometimes won't start first time round. I've taken to gunning the throttle as the engine catches, and this seems to sort it, but I do wonder if the fuel injector is just playing up. Hoping to get some time to do a bit of maintenance this weekend. Just noticed a few spots of rust on the chain, but that's the only place. Have been applying the ACF-50 to the forks and the metalwork and it seems to be holding up ok, and worth noting this gets garaged overnight rather than being outside.
bowber

Post by bowber »

Hello and welcome to a life of spending too much money on motorbikes :D

I did 40,000+ miles on my Honda MTX125 in my late teens, never got on with road bikes and still don't, I'd rather be struggling along a lane at 10mph than trying to see if I can remove the mould lines off the side of expensive road tyres.

Steve
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Welcome to ABR, I had use of a Sinnis 125 Terrain for a few months and had a blast, hopefully you will too! Bring it along to the ABR Festival :)

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”