Insurance for Russia

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Part time biker

Insurance for Russia

Post by Part time biker »

Hi guys - first post for me, need some help - :?: :?:

I'm planning a trip to ride from U.K to Murmansk via Nordkapp and then down to St Petersburg and then back to U.K. through Estonia, Latvia etc. However, I am struggling to find a company that provides Motorbike insurance cover whilst I'm in Russia (my current provider MCE has already said that they will not) I've read online that sometimes you are able to purchase cover at the border, however I don't want to encounter any problems at the border, and would much prefer to have cover sorted out before I set off from the U.K. Any help or advice from someone that may have done a similar trip would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

PTB
biker

Re: Insurance for Russia

Post by biker »

Hi, I don't know if this will help you but I am with Liberty Seguras a Spanish company and I am insured to ride from north Africa all through Europe (excludes Albania) to Russia and it also includes 365 days breakdown cover but only for some countries I don't know if you can pay extra for more cover. Good luck with your trip.

Regards,

Jim
I AM THAT I AM
Part time biker

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply, I will definitely look into that. It's difficult to get a definitive answer on the subject.

Thanks again

PTB
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Tourinsure.de insured me for my Russia -Turkey trip; easy to deal with ; with an English- speaking dept.

http://www.tourinsure.de/en/home
herman

Post by herman »

Pretty sure you can/could get it in St Petersberg. Does Dooby (frgich) on ADV do cover for Russia? http://advrider.com/index.php?members/frgich.54864/
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Surely Alexander Orlov and Sergei from Compare Ze Meerkat should be able to help?
Part time biker

PaulinBont wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:35 am Tourinsure.de insured me for my Russia -Turkey trip; easy to deal with ; with an English- speaking dept.

http://www.tourinsure.de/en/home
I contacted the company you suggested and as you said they do cover Russia .
Thanks again for your help - all sorted!
PTB :D

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”