Hi, a ticked off newbie...

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Tone Walsh

Hi, a ticked off newbie...

Post by Tone Walsh »

I was hoping to just say "hi" but I've just been seriously pissed off.

I rode an Explorer for 3 years but really wanted something a bit (ahem) easier to pick up. So I now ride a 2016 Tiger 800 XRT.

I decided to fit a meatier Sump Guard to my 2016 Tiger 800 and researched the alternatives to the Triumph one. I liked the look of the Adventure Spec one and ordered https://www.adventure-spec.com/default/ ... 800xc.html
It didn't fit! Triumph have introduced a "Carbon Cannister (sic)" into the later models, to accommodate Euro 4 emissions laws and this fouled the installation. Adventure Spec told me to remove the Triumph part as it wasn't needed - "...as it was an American import". Triumph advised me that removal would interfere with fuelling, and also cause warranty issues.

The Adventure Spec Bash Plate was returned, with a request for a refund. They emailed to tell me I'd damaged it and they were returning it to me, without a refund. I asked them not to return it as I would be pursuing this matter further and it would only add to their costs.

The Bash Plate is not damaged, it is as they sold it to me. It doesn't fit and they are refusing to refund my money. They have until Friday 23rd March to supply this refund (I'm not holding my breath) then I'll invoke the Small Claims Court. They think they've saved £180 - we'll see how much this is going to cost them.

A disingenuous company and one to avoid
herman

Re: Hi, a ticked off newbie...

Post by herman »

Personally never heard a bad word about them but there is always the exception I guess. Did you read the questions bit in the link you posted and the link to ADV? it would of told you about the canister although their ad does say all years. I think you may struggle with court there :?
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
herman

Post by herman »

Actually thinking about it the only reason you are here is to bitch about a supplier and do their business damage. If you were a previous contributor then possibly your problem might have carried a bit more weight. How many other forums have you joined ? :roll:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Wonkyconk

Post by Wonkyconk »

Sell it on, do the research and buy one that actually fits your bike.
First world problems
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Not the finest introduction i've ever come across :roll:

I don't buy much from adventure spec but always found them nothing but customer focused. I've returned faulty items before, never a complaint from them & always fast turn around with refund / exchange.

Either things have changed dramatically in the last 12 months or you've seriously rubbed them up the wrong way
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I can't see what the company gain from returning it to you if it's still in as new condition. All they would do is put it back on the shelf and sell it to the next customer and save themselves the postage sending it back to you.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

I have dealt with them a number of times and found them to be very helpful , I would be confident that if the sump guard was undamged as you say !!!!! You would have had a refund , ;)
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Oooh la la......bitch bitch bitch, that's a moaning first post.....welcome, hope you get it sorted :D
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I've never had a problem at all with Adventure Spec, very helpful people and some good gear.
one-legged adventurer
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

chunky butt wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:06 pm Oooh la la......bitch bitch bitch, that's a moaning first post.....welcome, hope you get it sorted :D
Actually, I've dealt with adventure spec, and speak as you find were really helpful...... ;)

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”