Newbie from PA

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Xplor

Newbie from PA

Post by Xplor »

Newbie from Pennsylvania

So after 20+ years of riding street, I took the plunge and bought a used Triumph Explore (1200). It was a great compromise from the mighty FJR; and only took a weekend at the 2017 March Moto Madness in TN before I was hooked. However, at 150lbs soaking wet, the Explorer was extremely top heavy when off road. So the quest began for something more manageable. I liked the new Africa Twin, but sold on the shaft drive and creature comforts of the sport touring world. The Tenere was a viable option, but after throwing a leg over an R1200GS Adventure, I was hooked; and by August had taken ownership of new/used 2015. I still enjoy those long distance rides, but the off-road adventure is extremely alluring. Looking forward to learning about and partaking of the adventure world.
mmshiro

Re: Newbie from PA

Post by mmshiro »

I just signed up two posts before you - I'm in CT! Will you be riding/attempting to ride throughout the winter?
Alun

Post by Alun »

Welcome to ABR, hope you enjoy your stay.
geoham

Post by geoham »

Welcome to ABR from Northern Ireland

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”