German Expat in Yankee Land

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
mmshiro

German Expat in Yankee Land

Post by mmshiro »

I've only been riding motorcycles for three years. I started with a Ninja 300, switched to a BMW F800GT for size reasons (I really needed a place to put my knees without folding my feet to my shins), and am now the proud owner of a Ducati Multistrada 950 which I got mainly because it doesn't bottom out the suspension on the frost heaves and potholes of my rural New England motorways. The upright seating position turned out to be really comfortable, and the fact that it goes easily on a dirt road when I need to is an added bonus. Most of my hardcore trail riding, however, is done on an off-the-track Thoroughbred mare.

I haven't gone on any touring trips, and I don't think I'd want to. I'd rather stay at a hotel at a neat place and have/rent a bike to explore the surroundings, which is what I did last year in Iceland.

Anyway, I found this magazine just recently and thought I'd try it for a year, see if it enhances my motorcycle experience. Great to be here!
HarveyCamm

Re: German Expat in Yankee Land

Post by HarveyCamm »

Enjoy the read and the ride

Harv
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Welcome!
I too own a 950 Multistrada.
Like you l've got more dirt-worthy bikes in my garage. I've very pleased with my Multistrada, just the right balance of size/power.
Very comfortable as you say.
Last edited by SteveW on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Welcome aboard :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Alun

Post by Alun »

Welcome to ABR, hope you enjoy your stay. How's about showing us a pic of the Multi in the New England fall.
geoham

Post by geoham »

Welcome to ABR from Northern Ireland
mmshiro

Post by mmshiro »

Alun wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:42 am Welcome to ABR, hope you enjoy your stay. How's about showing us a pic of the Multi in the New England fall.
I didn't make a video in the fall, but here's one from spring when I just got it:

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”