SW France

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Pyrenees-Pirate

Re: SW France

Post by Pyrenees-Pirate »

Hi Chunky butt, I'm Nr Mielan 32170 - and like Will said, there's a few of us scattered around Tarbes, Auch etc. (Depts. - (65,64 & 32)
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Smashing , you're only 3hrs south of me
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Cheers "sinbad" :P for getting back, we're about four hours north of you so not end of world, I'm sure few of us would travel for some new trails, and vice versa. Yes Will ramparts is a great weekend, especially on a bike you get right into the centre, always the third weekend in September :D
Pyrenees-Pirate

Magnon - 3hrs ain’t too far and if your planning any trips then down in the Pyrenees, and if you like opening the throttle a bit then check it Pyrenees Pirates on FB; there’s a few of us with KTM’s that know how to use them - we also get into the trails with the bigger bikes, I often take the AT along.
Plenty of stuff going on next year!👍
Wuppie

Post by Wuppie »

Wow, am I jealous of you guys, living in France!
I visit France as often as I can, preferably by bike (still a member of the French FJR-club).
If there are meets in France I would love to join you!

Want to do the TET some day (see my Newbie-post), but a simple 'balade' will also do.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Pyrenees-Pirate wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:13 pm Hi Phil, I'm in the south of the Gers, dept 32 bordering with Dept 65 - I do quite alot of rando's around by me and also into Dept. 65 - I'm riding a 350 Six Days for the Mud.
There's quite a few trails round here and a good technical bit where they used to use it for the 4x4 regional championships.

The Baguenaude Marciac:

Probably a bit too much for you this WillS! :lol:

Hi Pirate...

I ride Marciac, although not this year......it's a great fluid, easy ride out.....I love it......along with a few other ballades to include Clermont-Pouyguillès and the most tedious of them all Montgaillard.

I've now stopped riding the Aquitaine league enduro circuit and the odd jab at Hossegor for the first 'Rond des Sable's each year......There's quite a few endurance races in the Aquitaine (Hare and Hounds) throughout the year.

We have a large forest ride here of a Sunday morning and we also like to take a few days over into Spain on the XT660 throwing on the odd night wild camping.

I think I'll organise a free guided ride out soon over into Spain with camp sites thrown in, for trail bikes rather than enduro bikes.

Other than that we usually scoot out in the spur of the moment ....have a peep at our website in my sig line if you wish?

PS Are you the chap that sold my buddy, Bernard, a trials bike by chance?

:D
Will It Buff Out?
Pyrenees-Pirate

Hi WIBO, I think it would be good to meet up as I’m in the same area me thinks!

Up for any ad-hoc balades dans les bois - have to see for Marciac 2018 with work and all, but up for most rando’s!

Have PM’d you

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”