Another New Member (Castleford)

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
SurfPilot

Another New Member (Castleford)

Post by SurfPilot »

Greetings All

Another Castleford member :)

I'm new here, but not new to the Adventure bike scene, I have owned two BMW 1200GS's, and now currently own a CRF1000L Africa Twin.

The majority of my riding is on road, last year I did a tour of the Swiss Alps, and have done several Scotland tours, albeit I do venture off-road too. sometimes with results I did not plan on :D
Mick Ward out of the showroom onto floor.jpg
Mick Ward out of the showroom onto floor.jpg (196.17 KiB) Viewed 1554 times

I feel an adventure can take many forms, not always off the tarmac, albeit getting muddy and the heart pumping on the lose stuff does put a smile on your face.
scotsy

Re: Another New Member (Castleford)

Post by scotsy »

Hello from a Lancashire lad (now there is a novelty) who also rides an AT and occasionally ventures off the tarmac. I don't however do MUD as i have road tyres on and stick to firm ground where possible.

I might put some knobblies on soon and be a little more 'adventurous' but the bike is too bloody heavy for difficult stuff by an old dodderer like me :o

Ian
IMG_20170717_114942016.jpg
IMG_20170717_114942016.jpg (209.98 KiB) Viewed 1549 times
Alun

Post by Alun »

Hello and welcome to ABR.
SurfPilot

Post by SurfPilot »

scotsy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:38 am Hello from a Lancashire lad (now there is a novelty) who also rides an AT and occasionally ventures off the tarmac. I don't however do MUD as i have road tyres on and stick to firm ground where possible.

I might put some knobblies on soon and be a little more 'adventurous' but the bike is too bloody heavy for difficult stuff by an old dodderer like me :o

Ian
Hi Ian

I'm with you on that mate, I don't do mud as you know not with those tyres, I just chose the wrong track :)

I don't want to compromise the road use with knobblies so I think I'm going to go Trail attack 2 soon.

Thanks for the reply mate
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

SurfPilot wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:36 pm
scotsy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:38 am Hello from a Lancashire lad (now there is a novelty) who also rides an AT and occasionally ventures off the tarmac. I don't however do MUD as i have road tyres on and stick to firm ground where possible.

Ian
Hi Ian

I'm with you on that mate, I don't do mud as you know not with those tyres, I just chose the wrong track :)

I don't want to compromise the road use with knobblies so I think I'm going to go Trail attack 2 soon.

Thanks for the reply mate
My AT is on TA2 and they are no better on mud, i class them as a good road tyre tbh PirelliScorpion Rally STR are available in AT sizes or Mitas E07 for a 50/50 one of these will be my next tyre

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”