New forum memeber from the North West, Uk

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Tripster1050

New forum memeber from the North West, Uk

Post by Tripster1050 »

Hello All
New to the forum although a digital subscriber to the magazine and hovered on the outskirts for a while.
Ridden bikes since a lad and a couple of years ago I chopped in my speed triple for a Tiger Sport 2014 model.
Work away a bit so not riding as much or as far as I would like but hoping to change that for next year by trying to ride to my European jobs if possible.
Currently considering if to keep the Tiger Sport or not as its been a solid reliable bike with no issues or build problems but I still have that adventure bike itch that nags away or maybe a newer model similar to the tiger like the BMW S1000xr, KTM 1290GT.I look at the usual suspects but then get scared off with build quality, reliability etc. of the BMW's, Triumphs and even Honda and so on. You read about these 15k + bikes like the S1000xr with cronic vibration and think is it really worth trading in !!!!
The bigger bikes are getting ridiculously expensive and this turned me towards an Africa Twin which seems brilliant value at 10-11k and can do really anything on any surface but again horror stories from owners
Be really interested in peoples views and thoughts especially on bikes like the KTM 1290 Adventure S, Triumph Explorer and Africa twin or even just sticking with the tiger sport.
Thanks for any advice and look forward to joining in the forum
Paul
Attachments
TIGER SPORT.jpg
TIGER SPORT.jpg (151.4 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
DaveCon

Re: New forum memeber from the North West, Uk

Post by DaveCon »

Hello there.

From what you say I think you'll find a big change in the way the likes of offroad capable bikes like KTM1290Adv, AT etc handle on road compared to the bikes you are used to. So you should definitely go for a long test rides before making any decision.

They're all good/bad for different reasons, circumstances and riders ;)
geoham

Post by geoham »

Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern Ireland
Shidosan

Post by Shidosan »

Hi and welcome from the Rossendale area of the North West.
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !
scotsy

Re: New forum member from the North West, Uk

Post by scotsy »

Welcome from Leigh, stick with the Tiger Sport :shock:

(i don't want these AT's becoming too common)

Ian
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

hi and welcome from manchester.what part of the northwest are you from.we normally have something going on most weekends your welcome to join us.you have just missed a cracking weekend at ullapool most of the people came from northwest.

cheers tony.
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Hello & welcome to the forum matey.

8-)
Tripster1050

Re: New forum member from the North West, Uk

Post by Tripster1050 »

scotsy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:54 pm Welcome from Leigh, stick with the Tiger Sport :shock:

(i don't want these AT's becoming too common)

Ian
Ah and red is the best colour too :D
anthony29040 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:11 pm hi and welcome from manchester.what part of the northwest are you from.we normally have something going on most weekends your welcome to join us.you have just missed a cracking weekend at ullapool most of the people came from northwest.

cheers tony.
Hey Tony, from Yorkshire but now live near Lancaster. Thanks for the invite & will try make a ride when I'm home.
DaveCon wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:47 pm Hello there.

From what you say I think you'll find a big change in the way the likes of offroad capable bikes like KTM1290Adv, AT etc handle on road compared to the bikes you are used to. So you should definitely go for a long test rides before making any decision.

They're all good/bad for different reasons, circumstances and riders ;)
Thanks Dave. Another reason I have held off buying. Ridden many different bikes and ok with the feel but aware unless I travel on the road less travelled I may never need more than the road biased adventure bikes but Im getting hooked on watching off road skills videos in Wales for Bmw and now Honda and its another part of biking I would love to try
bowber

Post by bowber »

Take a look at the 1090 Adventure, comes as the R with 21/18" wheels or the road biased 19/17" bit cheaper than the 1290 as well.

Also welcome from Cumbria (the proper NW) ;-)

Steve
Tripster1050

Post by Tripster1050 »

Thanks Steve, I do like the KTM's, not many dealers around but one in Blackburn. That 1090 price soon rises with accessories !! Be interested to hear what owners of them think with reliability & build quality.
Cant argue with Cumbria, beautiful part of the country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”