Places to ride in and around Duxford Cambs

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
EMRUSS

Places to ride in and around Duxford Cambs

Post by EMRUSS »

Hi All,
I'm looking for green lanes/ rides around Duxford Cambridgeshire, I can't see any registered in the area but I've heard some people mention them on here in years gone by....
Sorry if this is a daft question, I,m new to this.....
Cheers
Russ
frenchy3

Re: Places to ride in and around Duxford Cambs

Post by frenchy3 »

You may wish to try Harcamlow way which is just north of Royston and ends in Ashwell,also Horseheath to Cambridge is the largest section, if you look at http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php you can ride around nine miles off road on a byway.There is a decent section of the Icknield way around Therfield too. Just look on this map around the area and see what you can find.
EMRUSS

Post by EMRUSS »

Thank you, i'll take a look this afternoon.
Russ
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Russ,
Might I recommend, if you have not already done so, that you make contact with your local TRF Group/s as they will be able to best guide you on local routes and social interaction.
Please take a look at the following link;
http://www.trf.org.uk/find-your-regional-group/
I know a couple of the Cambridge Group and they like all Groups are really nice folk (with just a couple of nutters that they give care in the community help to :whistle: ) (thumbs)
TTFN
Hugh.
hornet

Post by hornet »

Hey chap you have very possibly one of if not the best TRF group on your doorstep really good bunch of guys who ride a lot and travel about too, no I'm not in the group in just over in Suffolk where we have many good lanes going north south and west
If you get to a meeting it could be the best thing to do.
Regards
Mike
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
Tim B KTM

Post by Tim B KTM »

Don't forget to check out your local council website. It shows pukka 'roads' which are unpaved. You don't have to think to hard about legalities, they are not too long, probably a few nearby and are usually relatively easy going. Might need a bit of exploring as some are seriously overgrown to the point of impassable but this is usually obvious before you start down them.
EMRUSS

Post by EMRUSS »

Hi thanks for the heads up, will looking into this as know nothing about it - thank you!
hornet

Post by hornet »

Just a quick thought ,even experienced riders think twice about going out alone. Its not that its so remote but if you do come off and hurt yourself or find yourself under your bike or in a ditch. What happens next. Phone signal probably not . A mate will come in very handy to take a picture, laugh and lift you and your bike up. Also have a though about armour to save your bones what to wear so not to overheat hydration needs consideration too.
Mike
Two wheels roaming. My FB page

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”