Pleased to meet you

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
tempesc

Pleased to meet you

Post by tempesc »

Hi; I'm Andy.

I occasionally ride an XT1200, mostly on a European jaunt of some sort each year. The rest of the time it accuses me of abandonment whenever I open the garage door. I also manage the odd dirty 'infill' ride on a KTM Freeride 350.

I stretched my legs a little more last year, doing most of a Cape to Cairo on an XT660z (I made it all the way, but sent the bike back to Cape Town from Nairobi - full details here: www.temporaryescapee.wordpress.com). It was awesome.

I am aiming at the Trans America Trial for my next big trip in a 2 or 3 years time, but more immediate plans are a UK to Switzerland in June with a few mates and a solo reunion with my XT660z in South Africa/Lesotho at Christmas.

I've read and enjoyed the magazine a few times and am signing now to get some insights for my June trip. I am keen to give as well as take so hopefully I can share a few insights along the way too.

Look forward to getting to know you call a bit.

Cheers
Andy
geoham

Re: Pleased to meet you

Post by geoham »

Hello and welcome to ABR from Northern Ireland (thumbs)

You have covered a good few countries on your travels so far Andy (thumbs)

George
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Welcome to the forum mate. Always good to hear of other bikers adventures.

Nick.
boatman

Post by boatman »

Hi Andy
Nice to meet you too (thumbs)

I have been shipping (with others) to the States and Canada for the summers riding this last few years ,, I like the space (thumbs)
James_Death

Post by James_Death »

Welcome aboard.

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”