Newbie from Hampshire (North)

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Loz63

Newbie from Hampshire (North)

Post by Loz63 »

Hi I am another member from Hampshire, Basingstoke to be precise, and I actually like living here :).

I have been a member of other forums, am active on Facebook and I hope to be a useful contributor to this site, though I joined mostly to learn.

I have two bikes currently, a 2006 Suzuki GSXR 1000-k6, had it since new and love it to bits, it's on 48k miles now and has been to France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy on various tours and Moto GP's.

My 2nd bike is a 2013 BMW RG1200 GS, I got this 2nd hand, not sure of mileage, I will check next ride. I have had this about 18 months and loving it. I have only been to Germany (Blackforest) and the Le Mans GP last year so far on it but going to Assen GP next month and hoping to do some more touring on it next year.

Also hoping to try some camping this year, I have a a few questions on that, one in particular worries me, it may be my first post, go easy on me if you see it. Very much want to attend the Banbury meet this year, can't commit just yet as job seeking.

I love to ride and have a great many friends of all ages I ride and tour with in the south, from Salisbury to Surrey and up to Essex. Look forward to meeting some of you guys.
Alun

Re: Newbie from Hampshire (North)

Post by Alun »

Welcome to ABR.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Welcome.
I've been camping since I was a boy scout in the 70's, I'm still not sure if I like it or not!
Mostly it's having to lug the camping gear around that I don't like. Then there's the dilemma of tent size....I don't like skinny little tents that I can't stand up in and stow my kit, but bigger tents equal larger pack size.
But with a tent packed on the bike you are far more flexible and self sufficient.
Here's my latest tent!
image_2016-05-13.jpeg
image_2016-05-13.jpeg (67.71 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
BillyC

Post by BillyC »

Welcome from York.
Loz63

Post by Loz63 »

Tent looks nice, I got a similar one at the end of last season a Vango tent that they change the colours and name of every year from go outdoors for just over a ton. This is it in it's stelvio guise

My biggest fear about camping, and I couldn;t see an appropriate place to post this uyet, is my snoring.

There, I have said it, I snore and I snore bad, on tours whoever get's assigned to share with me takes on the appearance of a condemned man when they find out.

I am loud, I have had people bang on hotel walls on holiday through my noise, sometimes a jaw thing helps. Are my camping days over?
Har65

Post by Har65 »

Welcome from "moist " & sunny Devon ,,,

Har
Heff

Post by Heff »

Welcome from a sunny Northern Ireland (thumbs)
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
GSA Junkie

Post by GSA Junkie »

Welcome from another newby in Bucks....... (thumbs)
li+three

Post by li+three »

You sound just like my husband. His snoring can clear a campground. Our solution was to just wild camp instead. Probably keeps all the bears away so bonus
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Hello from a neighbour in West Sussex (thumbs)

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”