smugglers trail spain

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
pinball1008

Re: smugglers trail spain

Post by pinball1008 »

Dazzer wrote:Emma and I rode it this year on the Transalp in mid November and were lucky to have good weather.

The lower section below the village of Tor had ice on the roads all week but once out into where the sun reached it was clear .

Here is a clip of part of the trail . The picture gets better after a few seconds. (thumbs)

Dazzler, the video is private.
Not all those wandering are lost
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

Fixed.
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Really enjoyed this Dazzer. Interesting to see how the Tranny copes 2-up on the trails. Obviously took everything in its stride, in your capable hands. Wondering if the Vara would manage. Maybe the front wheel would be the significant factor?
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

The smugglers trail is very pretty, it's a shame the first section (From Spain) is now Tarmac.
I would say unless there's snow most motorcycles this side of a Goldwing and trailer would manage it easily.
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

The Transalp is a good all rounder . The only down side to the 700 Alp is how low the cat sit's below the alloy engine guard. From time to time it would catch on the higher rocks , So thats getting removed over Christamas and being replaced with a link pipe. Here is a clip of the lower section where the dirt track starts . At the time of the year we rode it the lower section which is hard top was the trickiest to ride. It was covered in ice and with it not getting any sun light at this time of the year was icy all day. Note there is now a sign at the start of the track asking for 4x4 to reframe from using in wet conditions and for users to keep to a max speed of 20km . We did get stopped by the police coming back over it later in the day but I put that down to what was happening in France at that time.
Tourist-Biker

Post by Tourist-Biker »

SteveW wrote:The smugglers trail is very pretty, it's a shame the first section (From Spain) is now Tarmac.
I would say unless there's snow most motorcycles this side of a Goldwing and trailer would manage it easily.
Yep I would go with that, pretty trail and in the dry any bike should be OK even with road tyres (thumbs)

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”