Just to say Hello from Oxfordshire

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Matador

Just to say Hello from Oxfordshire

Post by Matador »

Hi, Just had the ABR details passed on by a friend. I used the name Matador as it was my last trail bike (Bultaco), which gives a clue to my age although my 1st trail bike was a BSA 500 BB Goldie. I always enjoyed off-road riding more than road, so when my son wanted to buy a big bike I strongly recommended a XT660R, so I could buy it off him when he wanted a bigger bike 3 years ago. It took a while to get back into biking but really enjoy it, I have made a lot of modifications to the XTR for trail riding, plus a TTR250 when the going gets slippery and an old 350 Matchless for pop-popping around the countryside in the Summer. I'm a member of the TRF and often ride in the Wilts group, building up a knowledge of the area. Also Oxfordshire, Northants & Gloucester & hopefully a bit further afield later in the year. Hopefully I will meet up with a few members as the year goes on.
Loggy

Re: Just to say Hello from Oxfordshire

Post by Loggy »

Hello and welcome to the forum, from South Oxfordshire!

Great forum full of info. I'm a regular at the H cafe, so if your up there keep an eye out for a R/W/B Africa Twin and come and say hi! (thumbs)
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
Alun

Post by Alun »

Welcome to ABR. Hope you enjoy your stay.
ratass

Post by ratass »

Welcome to the family. From Devon.
Jon
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Welcome aboard from Somerset. Can we have photos of your Matchless please?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Matador

Post by Matador »

I will get my son to put some pictures of my Matchless up at the weekend. It's not very exciting, I just wanted an old bike for VMCC runs and an old 'Jampot'350 single fitted the bill. I rebuilt it last winter down to component level and it's proven reliable. On adventure riding terms it's amazing how far some members of the AJS/Matchless club will ride these old bikes.

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”