New girl from Leamington!!

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Mr Toad

Re: New girl from Leamington!!

Post by Mr Toad »

alicia wrote:
I reckon I am in the right place. I had loads to do tonight, except I can't get off this site! And i'm glad i'm not the only one who likes CBRs. It suits me for the moment, but I definitely want to try out some knobblies one day.
Lizzie and I are having counselling due to our addiction to the site and the lack of house work, cooking and general chores.

So welcome to the site you are in good company. :)
Never enough time and so much to see and experience.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.
fionaann

Post by fionaann »

Hi alicia, nice to have another girl on the forum, i have a 2006 f650gs in red but waiting for my new bike to be delivered, 2011 g650gs in white, ive past my test 3 years today, i did my first ever offroading last weekend, it was brilliant, going over to italy with my boyfriend africajim in july,we have been abroad lots of time but this time im taking my own bike, cant wait, hope you get lots of enjoyment out of your bike. happy biking :) :P :woohoo:
Life is for living so go out there and live it, have fun, be happy.
GUNDOG

Post by GUNDOG »

Hullo......:kiss:
Treat every situation like a dog..

If you can't hump it or eat it, piss on it and walk away.
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

Hi , & Welcome to the forum ,
From Aberdeenshire :)
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

hello Alicia, welcome from another newbie.
They seem fairly normal in here :)
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I love that colour scheme on your bike, I've never seen one that colour before. B)
Are you thinking of getting a bike for offroading as well or taking the CBR? :evil:
WELCOME-TO-ABR_2011-05-10.gif
WELCOME-TO-ABR_2011-05-10.gif (587.92 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
Sprockette

Post by Sprockette »

Welcome Alicia, good to have you with us!

Lovely bike, by the way.
Doggo

Post by Doggo »

Classic timing... CRAIGREVO's pic directly after Tyrant68's "They seem fairly normal in here!" :laugh: :laugh:

Welcome, Alicia.

Nice bike, but then it's a CBR! :)
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

When a man is tired of motorcycling, he is tired of life
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Welcome to the site Alicia
Tyrant68 wrote:hello Alicia, welcome from another newbie.
They seem fairly normal in here :)
Where else are us girls considered normal for enjoying all things bike & dirt? :laugh:
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Welcome in Alicia,

Nice bike too - Rode one of those and was impressed with its ability, knee down on one of those is no problem, it loves to lean lots. Next time you buy some tyres, fit some Avon storm touring rubber, or even some Avon viper sports tyres - you'll find them amazing for knee-scrubbing action!

I really hope you enjoy your first steps into biking and it sounds like your having fun.

I've already persuaded SWMBO to get a bike once she finishes Uni, she wants an SV650s (older curvy model) or a Gixxer 600 with the 3 way power modes, 65bhp on 'c' mode seems to appeal to her with the option to increase the power modes with confidence. Unfortunately she doesn't see the appeal in getting dirty :(

I suppose I'll be green laning alone then? :(
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”