Hello :)

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
vacant_space

Hello :)

Post by vacant_space »

Hi all,

I've read a couple of the threads here via Google searches before, and bought the Jan / Feb issue of the magazine today (first time I've seen it for sale, from Smiths in Felixstowe - my usual newsagent's a small local one pretty much 'Bike' and 'Ride' mags, and MCN on a Wednesday!) so I thought it was a good idea to join and say Hi! Very much liking reading the magazine this afternoon, nice one!

I have a Honda Africa Twin which I got late summer last year, only really done a few local miles so far but looking to get some green laning in when the weather (and my bike) are looking a bit better ;) I'd like to get over to Europe for a trip or two this summer (nothing too strenuous though, really just France, Holland or other 'next door' countries) as I'm in East Anglia and it would be churlish not to avail myself of the close links over to the channel from here.

Happy travels to all, ride safe :)
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
APD_660Ten

Re: Hello :)

Post by APD_660Ten »

Welcome! :D
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Warm friendly bunch here. Welcome aboard. (thumbs)
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
africajim

Post by africajim »

Welcome to ABR, excellent choice of bike, I'm on my sixth Africa Twin, over 20yrs. Hope to see you on the road!
Honda, the power of dreams.
BigBashBonanza

Post by BigBashBonanza »

Welcome (thumbs)
Look Large, Be Massive

Follow the Sapper
Sloth

Post by Sloth »

Welcome vacant_space :)
vacant_space

Post by vacant_space »

Thanks for the welcome messages guys :)

That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

HI welcome (thumbs)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Shrek

Post by Shrek »

Welcome from Dorset

Daren (thumbs)
vacant_space

Post by vacant_space »

africajim wrote:Welcome to ABR, excellent choice of bike, I'm on my sixth Africa Twin, over 20yrs. Hope to see you on the road!
Hi africajim, well I was looking at maybe a TDM, or a DR650 last year but synchronicity prevailed and I got the Africa Twin in the end; I'm the polar opposite of a speed-freak (at least, according to my wife - she of the lead boot!) and I'm much more appreciative of controllable low-end torque. I've maybe taken the Africa Twin to 70mph at most so far, the only real issue I've had is slightly sticky front Nissins but from what I've read online at sites like ATIC.com, XRV.com etc. that's relatively common and quite readily sortable?

Six Africa Twins yourself! Is that a trade up to a new one every couple of years, or just that you move on to something else and then keep coming back to them? Have you stayed with the Nissins on them or have you bought aftermarket calipers that you find a better bet? The overall handling's great though isn't it :)

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”