Lurker exposes himself!

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Re: Lurker exposes himself!

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

A warm Welcome from Brum B)
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Horizonti

Post by Horizonti »

Thanks for all the welcomes much appreciated B)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Welcome from Somerset, everyone should have a project bike :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

Welcome from Aberdeenshire .
nathanlee

Post by nathanlee »

Welcome from Preston/Chorley/Shrewsbury/Shoreditch/Chelmsford (I doss in most of them on a regular basis!)

Get yourself on a meet. I bought a Transalp recently, had never really ridden off-road bar a bit of very tame messing about on a 125, and ended up doing near 60 miles of lanes with a load of totally sound guys and girls I'd never met before. Very welcoming bunch, on 'ere, though they can out drink me easily, I've discovered.
Horizonti

Post by Horizonti »

Thanks for the encouragement B) I did quite a bit of trail riding in the past, started off many years ago on a DT175MX (who didn't!) took a break for a while then got back into it on a KLR250 Kawasaki. Great little bike and I kept it for many years but as time went on I started getting far braver and more adventurous than my ability could keep pace with and I started collecting nagging injuries. Work and home responsibilities persuaded me to take a break from it so I concentrated on road riding. Trouble is once you have loose surface riding in the blood I think you are hooked!

I've tried to be sensible with my current bike choice and choose something which I can enjoy sensible exploration on, not a flighty nimble thing that might make me think I am Dougie Lampkin and David Knight all rolled into one which very clearly I am not! In fact with my creaking joints and limited ability I would probably be better of with an 4 wheel electric scooter attempting back flips and table top jumps off the dropped kerbs outside my local Aldi! :laugh:

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”