Newbie from Gloucester

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
davec

Re: Newbie from Gloucester

Post by davec »

stinch182 wrote:Cool would love to go to some meets . I just want to get out on my bike now .The winter has not bothered me yet I just smile the whole time I'm on my little 125. I think even when I get my full license I will stick to my 125 and just get a few mods to give it abit more poke . Yeah pm your number will have to meet up for a rideand give this bike it's first off-road outing .
Adam

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, welcome from me too, are you free weekdays at all? maybe we should do another trip up to Aggs hill quarry Pilgrim? Or a bimble down the Fosse is always a good intro.
I got a motorbike for my wife...

Best swap I ever made.
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

Welcome , bike looks very nice . B)
Richard Simpson

Re: Re: Newbie from Gloucester

Post by Richard Simpson »

lonepilgrim wrote:
stinch182 wrote:
lonepilgrim wrote:Welcome from Gloucester ... You are more than welcome to join us for rideouts :)
That would be brill as I don't know any legal greenlanes I don't want to get into trouble lol

No probs I shall pm you my number ... I was a member of the Glos TRF but didn't renew (still considering it but going to the Bristol meetings instead) as the Glos group aren't the most welcolming!

Really?

On the TRF members area forum there's someone calling themselves 'lone pilgrim' who said he had been on one rideout with Gloucs TRF which was brilliant, he couldn't make more because of shiftwork and the meetings were great.

That was posted in December.
stinch182

Post by stinch182 »

[/quote] Yeah, welcome from me too, are you free weekdays at all? maybe we should do another trip up to Aggs hill quarry Pilgrim? Or a bimble down the Fosse is always a good intro.[/quote]
Yeah that would be good I'm about during the week as I work shift so give me a shout

MrJames

Post by MrJames »

Bristol TRF member as well...went agm just before crImble. Not been out with them yet but looking forward to it... Welcome..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
lonepilgrim

Post by lonepilgrim »

Richard Simpson wrote:
lonepilgrim wrote:
stinch182 wrote:
lonepilgrim wrote:Welcome from Gloucester ... You are more than welcome to join us for rideouts :)
That would be brill as I don't know any legal greenlanes I don't want to get into trouble lol

No probs I shall pm you my number ... I was a member of the Glos TRF but didn't renew (still considering it but going to the Bristol meetings instead) as the Glos group aren't the most welcolming!

Really?

On the TRF members area forum there's someone calling themselves 'lone pilgrim' who said he had been on one rideout with Gloucs TRF which was brilliant, he couldn't make more because of shiftwork and the meetings were great.

That was posted in December.
The thread where I tried to keep a new member from leaving (one I know outside of the TRF) and towed the TRF line ... I have keept in contact with those from the meeting who were welcolming which aren't many and the other 90% I've not spoken to. I voted with my lack of renewal after evaluating my year as a member and seeing what other TRF groups like Bristol have got up to in the past year and realised just how much there is going on outside of the Glos TRF that I was missing out on. I know what I've said regarding the TRF but opinions change after you see the bigger picture.
ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 2012

HUBB Donington Park 2013

ABR Exmoor Rally 2013

Member of the Kawasaki Riders Club

My bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KLX 250 E3

1989 Kawasaki Tengai KL650 B1

Previous bikes: 2009 Yamaha YZF R125 Fiat Team / Rossi Replica
wayne roome

Post by wayne roome »

How much do TRF pay you for your continual touting for business?

Richard Simpson wrote:Lots of help and rides n stuff here

http://www.trfglos.co.uk/
davec

Post by davec »

Come on guys, whatever people's opinions of individuals or groups surely nobody can deny that the TRF do an outstanding job and are worthy of our support and shouldn't that be the message we're putting across to new ABR's?
I got a motorbike for my wife...

Best swap I ever made.
FMFox

Post by FMFox »

I don't think you will find Bristol any less of a clique unfortunately, I have dipped in and out of the group over the last few years. I prefer to do my own runs rather than join in with their runs. However they do have a bit going on and there are members who are really trying to put on more vaired events than the odd trail ride.

The lanes south of Bristol are easier to navigate rather than Gloucester lanes which may explain why the group is more active.

I however did lead a run for members of glos TRF last summerand the chaps I met seemed to be all pretty good guys.

What I would say is even if you don't get on with your local group please keep up memebrship on a national level

currently traveling the world on a CCM SR40
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

wayne roome wrote:How much do TRF pay you for your continual touting for business?

Richard Simpson wrote:Lots of help and rides n stuff here

http://www.trfglos.co.uk/

Well, he could try http://www.gleam-uk.org/,

but they might not be so friendly!

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”