Best Adventure Bike For Shorties?

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Oldbikerboy

Best Adventure Bike For Shorties?

Post by Oldbikerboy »

It's not that I am short it's just that my inside leg is not particularly long.

Most adventure style bikes like trail bikes are for long legged taller dudes. That's not going to put me off though going for gold in the 2011 Nature Rally. This year I will be sticking with my Fazer 600 & I'm guessing not many other ABR members would have a similar bike.

What is if there is one a decent adventure bike for riders who's legs are not 6 feet long, cheers.
Pussyhorse

Re: Best Adventure Bike For Shorties?

Post by Pussyhorse »

Depends on how short/tall you are?!
jeffers

Post by jeffers »

i'm 5ft 6 with a 28" inside leg, i am on my second 1200gs, standard suspension and seat. try one, it doesn't take long to get used to the height/weight.try a few different makes and models, there has never been so many choices:)

Geoff.......
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Oldbikerboy wrote:It's not that I am short it's just that my inside leg is not particularly long.

Most adventure style bikes like trail bikes are for long legged taller dudes. That's not going to put me off though going for gold in the 2011 Nature Rally. This year I will be sticking with my Fazer 600 & I'm guessing not many other ABR members would have a similar bike.

What is if there is one a decent adventure bike for riders who's legs are not 6 feet long, cheers.
First, welcome to ABR, if you intend to gain a gold in the Nature Rally you first have to register, in this thread....................

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... tails.html

Most hardcore off roaders such as KTMs are a bit tall, but most adv bikes are'nt so bad, plus you can get lowering kits and lower seats for most popular models.
Do some searchs on the net, you'll be surprised how easy they are to ride.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

The baja monkey is a good bike for little people. ;)

Honda Monkey Z50J - Africa Version.jpg
Honda Monkey Z50J - Africa Version.jpg (32.09 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

650 vee strom is managable for most
good bike too
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
herman

Post by herman »

I find wrapping myself round a sportsbike more difficult than tiptoeing on an off roader these days. :( However the standard GS not the GSA is surprisingly low and can be made lower,has a good C of G too.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
murfeey

Post by murfeey »

try the new triumph has an adjustable seat,30 to 40 mm ,I had a caponord excellent bike but too tall and heavy,or do what i did originally,bought the bike then had a seat made and bike lowered!!!!.

cheers murf.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

CRAIGREVO wrote:The baja monkey is a good bike for little people. ;)

Honda Monkey Z50J - Africa Version.jpg
That bike looks as though it could do with a couple of Elf stickers....
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Paul Neate

Post by Paul Neate »

Oldbikerboy wrote:It's not that I am short it's just that my inside leg is not particularly long.

Most adventure style bikes like trail bikes are for long legged taller dudes.

I was of the same mind as you, but really had my eyes opened on the BMW Off-Road Skills course. There was one woman on the course who wasn't more than 5 feet tall who had no difficulty with the F800GS or 1200GS with standard seats, once she had got the hang of sliding off to one side to get one foot down. It's all a matter of confidence (which I was sadly lacking :( ). But with egging on from the trainers (and the knowledge that if -- or rather when -- I dropped it it was not my bike :) ) I got the hang of it.

Now to work on the confidence bit ...

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”