Festival - thanks

Where...Ragley Hall, Warwickshire. When...24-26th June 2022
Barcelona Pat

Festival - thanks

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Just a quick note of thanks to all those ABR, plus the range of stand staff and manufacturers, that collectively made his year's event a real blast - albeit a different experience for me over previous years.

No riding for me this year (my original plan was to be there on the XTZ, but instead I was there with my 9 year old daughter and campervan). Everyone she encountered made her feel special and she left with the feeling of 'best weekend ever'. She turned her 'GPS' (her paper site map :-) ) into a 'memory map' by adding stickers from as many stands as she could blag stuff from. And I noticed quite a few little uns around too, especially in the campervan space, which makes sense. Just goes to show that super friendly and relaxed vibe chills all ages! In case anyone was wondering, her favorite bike at the show was a CCM...

It was bigger than ever, so if you were lost for something to do, you probably weren't looking that hard - certainly my aging joints suggest I've had a really active 5 days (and I wasn't even riding :-) ).

Have to say the quality of food and coffee was top notch again this year - so that made life just that little more bearable.

And finally - forget Glastonbury - the standard and range of music this year really was first class. We really enjoyed all those we managed to catch - even the final acts from sleeping bags from the other side of the lake. Picture daddy and daughter singing along to Zombie as the sun sets - real family moments!

Anyway, as I say, a different one this year - but still a favourite and I'm all booked up again for 2023.

Thanks all
Pat
Steve T

Re: Festival - thanks

Post by Steve T »

And theres me thinking a slepp ride of 500 miles each way would be a chore just for a bike meet . . . . and you've popped over from Espania :shock: :mrgreen:

Well done you & yours Pat - nice little piece re your thoughts on the event - thanks for sharing.

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride

Return to “ABR Festival 2022”