ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Come and join us at Ragley Hall for a weekend of adventure motorcycle fun and entertainment
Post Reply
Bryn
Moderator
Posts: 438
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:04 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by Bryn » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:41 am

Italy1 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:44 am
That's a very reasonable rate! If you're looking for something to do in the localish area on the Thursday, you might be interested in checking out this Cotswolds route we featured in ABR a couple of years back - https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... 43&t=43541.
Should have checked my dates.. :? ...we are travelling up on the Thursday but thank you for the tip
[/quote]

That makes more sense :lol: See you at the festival!

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
Alun
Moderator
Posts: 4723
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 291 times

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by Alun » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:21 am

Here's a list of the speakers appearing at the ABR Festival this July.

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/abr- ... kers-list/

We may be adding one or two more.

All the speakers will be performing in the 'Great Hall' in Ragley, it's an impressive setting. The last time I was up at the venue a Bollywood company had hired it out to film a murder scene. Very entertaining.

Austin Vince will also have his own room in Ragley Hall where he'll be presenting his Adventure Travel Films.

Here's the Great Hall decked out for ABR, hope you like my choice of linen and flowers.

great hall at ragley.png
great hall at ragley.png (969.58 KiB) Viewed 540 times

Benson-1215
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:43 pm
Location: Caerphilly
Has thanked: 158 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by Benson-1215 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Alun wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:21 am
Here's a list of the speakers appearing at the ABR Festival this July.

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/abr- ... kers-list/

We may be adding one or two more.

All the speakers will be performing in the 'Great Hall' in Ragley, it's an impressive setting. The last time I was up at the venue a Bollywood company had hired it out to film a murder scene. Very entertaining.

Austin Vince will also have his own room in Ragley Hall where he'll be presenting his Adventure Travel Films.

Here's the Great Hall decked out for ABR, hope you like my choice of linen and flowers.


great hall at ragley.png
BUN FIGHT :D
"I came into this world with nothing and with careful management
I still have most of it left'

Benson-1215
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:43 pm
Location: Caerphilly
Has thanked: 158 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by Benson-1215 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Excellent line up been lucky to hear 5 of the guest speakers have to admit Billy should have a health warning when he gets going you will be crying in laughter.
"I came into this world with nothing and with careful management
I still have most of it left'

Alun
Moderator
Posts: 4723
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 291 times

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by Alun » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Here's a list of the manufactures that have confirmed they are bringing their test ride fleets to the ABR Festival.

Details of models and how to book your test rides nearer the time. Plus we'll have details on which models will be available to test ride off road and those road only.


If you've not bought a ticket for the festival yet you can pick one up here. https://www.adventurebikerider.com/even ... ival-2019/

Bikes at festival.jpg
Bikes at festival.jpg (41.38 KiB) Viewed 393 times

Italy1
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:06 am
Location: London
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by Italy1 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:48 pm

possibly another not so bright question from me.....hope you are getting used to them by now Alun, will there be some light off road bikes to borrow to have a go at the off road beginners course or would we have to try with our own rides?

I would not want to try and pick up a Vara off the floor :-)

Alun
Moderator
Posts: 4723
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 291 times

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by Alun » Tue May 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Italy1 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:48 pm
possibly another not so bright question from me.....hope you are getting used to them by now Alun, will there be some light off road bikes to borrow to have a go at the off road beginners course or would we have to try with our own rides?

I would not want to try and pick up a Vara off the floor :-)

A number of the main manufacturers are bringing their off road school teams and bikes plus Mick Extance and Inch Perfect Trials will have their bikes and their trainers on site.

There'll also be plenty of bodies on hand to help with heaving the Vara the right way up.

Mad Hatter
Posts: 1641
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by Mad Hatter » Tue May 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi Alun,

I was just about to double check I'd actually booked to bring the car and trailer on my tickets but then realised I've had a snafu with my email address since I booked and it's been terminated with non of the emails saved so I don't actually have the online copy of the tickets anymore and haven't printed them out, the joys of modern technology eh :roll:

Is there anyway I can get them sent out again to my new email address?

Alun
Moderator
Posts: 4723
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 291 times

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by Alun » Tue May 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Mad Hatter wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:13 pm
Hi Alun,

I was just about to double check I'd actually booked to bring the car and trailer on my tickets but then realised I've had a snafu with my email address since I booked and it's been terminated with non of the emails saved so I don't actually have the online copy of the tickets anymore and haven't printed them out, the joys of modern technology eh :roll:

Is there anyway I can get them sent out again to my new email address?

If you send an email to [email protected] stating the above and including your full name, address and old email details she'll get you sorted.

Mad Hatter
Posts: 1641
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: ABR Festival 2019 - The Details

Post by Mad Hatter » Tue May 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Alun wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:20 pm
Mad Hatter wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:13 pm
Hi Alun,

I was just about to double check I'd actually booked to bring the car and trailer on my tickets but then realised I've had a snafu with my email address since I booked and it's been terminated with non of the emails saved so I don't actually have the online copy of the tickets anymore and haven't printed them out, the joys of modern technology eh :roll:

Is there anyway I can get them sent out again to my new email address?

If you send an email to [email protected] stating the above and including your full name, address and old email details she'll get you sorted.
Cheers Alun

Post Reply

Return to “ABR Festival 2019”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests