Fosseway - north chippenham section to Swindon

Tramp

Fosseway - north chippenham section to Swindon

Post by Tramp »

Hi guys,

I`m after some info and routes [gpx] of trails that link the fosseway north of Chippenham to Swindon , so can jump on the Ridgeway to Aveburuy area.

This is for a planned meet next year ...

In particular the river crossing sections ;)

thanks all.
OB1

Re: Fosseway - north chippenham section to Swindon

Post by OB1 »

Didn't Alun do the Fosse Way earlier this year? :huh: I'm sure I remember him saying that he was planning to ride the full length from Lincoln to Exeter.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Hi Russ,

for the Byway sections of the Fosse there are TRO's on some sections at the moment but fortunately NOT for motorcycles.

It's pretty easy going from 'The Gibb' all the way through to Kemble airfield (going south to north).

The first river crossing (the Avon near Easton Grey) is on the section that is TRO'd, please do not go through the river but use the bridge as requested by the TRO signs.

The second river crossing (south of Long Newton) you can ford but it can be difficult if there has been a lot of rain, there is a narrow bridge to use as an alternative.

If you want to go for a recce anytime just shout.

cheers, Bob.
one-legged adventurer
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Cheers Bob,
I wont be out on the trails again till spring as I`ve got k60`s on for the winter :whistle: and the bike needs new bars and C+S which wont happen till after the salts gone.

What I had in mind was a late April early May camp weekend meet [big bikes] at the pub you used last for the XRV meet, and then doing the route I did with you and Baftone a couple of years ago on xrv finishing on the plain at Tillshead [Mud city].

so come spring I`m up for a reccy complete with knobblys :laugh: , just trying to get a idea of the route as there was loads of road connections and that water crossing was fun "watching you" on the ktm.

Russ
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Sounds good to me :)
one-legged adventurer
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

Tramp wrote:so come spring I`m up for a reccy complete with knobblys :laugh: Russ
Come the spring I'll be finished fixing the house (hopefully) so i'll be up for a good year on my bike.

It's gonna be a long winter tho.:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: .
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

howdy doody Stan :)
one-legged adventurer

Return to “England”