ABR issue 51 Route Files: TomTom Cumbria Discovery Route

Bryn

ABR issue 51 Route Files: TomTom Cumbria Discovery Route

Post by Bryn »

In issue 51 of Adventure Bike Rider magazine we headed to Cumbria to ride a brilliant 146-mile long route around the Lake District, taking in the best roads and sights of one of England's most stunning areas.

Starting in Kendal, the route will take you on a circuit of the Lake District, allowing you to tick off some of the UK's best mountain roads (like Hardknott Pass and Wrynose Pass) and to see some of the best sights on our island (Wast Water is quite simply a delight).

We've plotted the route out so that you can download it, stick 'em in your SatNav and ride it. Simply right click on the attachment below called 'ABR TomTom Route Files Cumbria Discovery Route.gpx' and choose 'Save Link As'. Once you've saved it to your computer load it into your SatNav as per the manufacturer's instructions and get riding!
cumbria way discovery route map.png
cumbria way discovery route map.png (366.17 KiB) Viewed 19718 times
ABR TomTom Route Files Cumbria Discovery Route.gpx
(330.77 KiB) Downloaded 5172 times
Jetlag Jon

Re: ABR issue 51 Route Files: TomTom Cumbria Discovery Route

Post by Jetlag Jon »

Is this all on paved roads? I fancy doing it on my Harley

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Jetlag Jon wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:56 pm Is this all on paved roads? I fancy doing it on my Harley

It certainly is, Jon. Definitely doable on a Harley, though some of the roads will be pretty rough (but still tarmacked).
Biker-Dave

Post by Biker-Dave »

Well isn't that typical, you come up to my back yard & don't say a word!! If you'd given me a shout I would have shown you the better ways to take some of those passes & dropped in a couple more for you!! ;)
Nice to see our part of the world featuring though, is there a video coming to follow it up?? :)
Regards,
Dave.
Jetlag Jon

Post by Jetlag Jon »

Bryn wrote:
Jetlag Jon wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:56 pm Is this all on paved roads? I fancy doing it on my Harley

It certainly is, Jon. Definitely doable on a Harley, though some of the roads will be pretty rough (but still tarmacked).
I will hopefully be up there in April, will camp a night somewhere

wispyone

Post by wispyone »

We did this very route a few weeks ago and had fantastic weather. I was also quite surprised how many cyclists were on the passes but each to their own :D
It was a long day setting off early from Leeds around 7 am and back just after 8 pm some 308 miles later. But both me and my mate said we would probably do it again later in the year.

Return to “England”