ABR issue 35 route files - The Peakland Way

Bryn

ABR issue 35 route files - The Peakland Way

Post by Bryn »

In issue 35 of Adventure Bike Rider magazine we headed to the UK's most accessible national park, the Peak District, to ride the Peakland Way. The emphasis of these routes through the UK is on exploring our wonderful and beautiful island by following one of our many long distance footpaths as closely as you can in the saddle of a bike. The 120-mile long Peakland Way route is one of the best routes we've ridden, and it must be said, there are very few bad roads you can take in the Peak District.

Starting on the doorstep of the national park in Ashbourne, this route will take you on a circuit of the Peak District, with our gpx. file taking you anti-clockwise. It's not long after riding out of Ashbourne that the fun begins, and by the time we reach Hathersage your tyres should be adequately warmed for an assault of one of the UK's most loved stretches of road - Snake Pass. As you cross the bleak moorland and drop into Glossop, you then bear south and ride through lush, green valleys while skirting mountainsides. We then visit the highest village in England, Flash, briefly entering Staffordshire, before calling it a day in the same town that we started from.

We've plotted the route out so that you can download it and stick it in your SatNav. Simply right click on the attachment below called 'ABR_and_TomTom_Routes_Peakland_Way.gpx' and choose 'Save Link As'. Once you've saved it to your computer, load it into your SatNav as per the manufacturer's instructions and get riding! While the route is there to be followed, I implore you to take as many diversions as you wish if you see a road, place, or sight that attracts you!
peaklandwayroute.JPG
peaklandwayroute.JPG (108.51 KiB) Viewed 8859 times
ABR_and_TomTom_Routes_Peakland_Way.gpx
(110.9 KiB) Downloaded 737 times
DaveCon

Re: ABR issue 35 route files - The Peakland Way

Post by DaveCon »

Am I missing something or is the link just a .jpg file?
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

DaveCon wrote:Am I missing something or is the link just a .jpg file?
I think you're right!
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

DaveCon wrote:Am I missing something or is the link just a .jpg file?
Fixed that. For some reason it didn't attach! :whistle:
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

Diolch, Bryn. That's more like it!
smudger272

Post by smudger272 »

All up and installed on tom tom works a treat going to do this on my Africa twin in 3 weeks time for the day riding up from Essex any thing else I should know about
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

smudger272 wrote:All up and installed on tom tom works a treat going to do this on my Africa twin in 3 weeks time for the day riding up from Essex any thing else I should know about
Have a blast and enjoy the ride! It's an awesome route. (thumbs)

Return to “England”