ABR Issue 44 Route Files: The Peak District Discovery Route

Bryn

ABR Issue 44 Route Files: The Peak District Discovery Route

Post by Bryn »

Happy New Year all! Apologies for the delay in getting this posted on here, but please see the attached GPX file for the complete Peak District Discovery Route, as featured in isssue 44 of Adventure Bike Rider magazine.

The route proposed follows the one in the magazine almost in its entirety, aside from when you get to Derwent Reservoir after riding Snake Pass. If you follow the GPX route you'll go straight to Hathersage - but it's well worth ignoring the SatNav for a while and heading up the little road by the side of Derwent Reservoir. Other than that, the route is good to go!

Simply right click on the attachment below called 'PeakDistrict-discovery-route.gpx' and choose 'Save Link As', once you've saved it to your computer load it into your SatNav as per the manufacturers instructions and get riding!
PeakDistrict-discovery-route.gpx
(424.84 KiB) Downloaded 4472 times
Attachments
peak-district-discovery-route.png
peak-district-discovery-route.png (508.76 KiB) Viewed 17546 times
Red Maverick

Re: ABR Issue 44 Route Files: The Peak District Discovery Route

Post by Red Maverick »

Bryn wrote:Happy New Year all! Apologies for the delay in getting this posted on here, but please see the attached GPX file for the complete Peak District Discovery Route, as featured in isssue 44 of Adventure Bike Rider magazine.

The route proposed follows the one in the magazine almost in its entirety, aside from when you get to Derwent Reservoir after riding Snake Pass. If you follow the GPX route you'll go straight to Hathersage - but it's well worth ignoring the SatNav for a while and heading up the little road by the side of Derwent Reservoir. Other than that, the route is good to go!

Simply right click on the attachment below called 'PeakDistrict-discovery-route.gpx' and choose 'Save Link As', once you've saved it to your computer load it into your SatNav as per the manufacturers instructions and get riding!
peak-district-discovery-route.png
Where's route for edition 45? Cheers
scramblermatt

Post by scramblermatt »

Any chance of the Dartmoor route, sent you a PM but can't get it to send!
Fubbytucker

Post by Fubbytucker »

Did this route today and it is a corker! Took me down some roads I'd never have ridden that were a joy.
Highly recommended!
Bucks108

Post by Bucks108 »

Evening all,
I’m new to the forum and new to downloading routes to my TomTom Rider 400. I downloaded this route but it appears on TomTom My Drive as several shorter routes, is that right? Is there a way to download it as a single route so I don’t have to stop and select the next section of the route when riding it?
Thanks,
Martin
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

thanks Bryn. to bucks above yes they are multiple legs, I am unfamiliar with tom tom but I am sure there is a way to edit them together failing that just retrace a new route over them in a sequence that suits you.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I tried to import the gpx into ViewRanger. I don't have a sat nav, and it repeatedly gives me 8 miles of route ending up at a farm at the head of a cul de sac :oops:

Anybody got any ideas as to why?

TTFN

Hugh.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

It loaded fine for me Hugh bear in mind that it is made up of 8 different "legs" perhaps you are viewing only one for some reason?
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

bikenav wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:15 am It loaded fine for me Hugh bear in mind that it is made up of 8 different "legs" perhaps you are viewing only one for some reason?
Greetings,

Thanks for your reply, tried zooming out but I can only see one route, tried downloading twice more but still the same result :shock:

These pictures show the result that I get.
Route 1.jpg
Route 1.jpg (120.79 KiB) Viewed 8491 times
route end.jpg
route end.jpg (134.24 KiB) Viewed 8491 times
TTFN

Hugh.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

It appears you only have 1 of the tracks there the first one probably, the file contains 8 I think as different tracks, perhaps whatever wizardry you are using cannot handle multiple tracks within one file? so here is another track from the file as another individual element. Note I have ediited the name of that track slightly for my own purpose but the map info is unchanged.
for Hugh.gpx
(27.17 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
if you can not find another way I will do similar for all the other tracks so that you get them all

Return to “England”