ABR Wales weekender route files

Bryn

ABR Wales weekender route files

Post by Bryn »

Over the past year, in partnership with TomTom, we've been riding new routes by following as close to, and sometimes along (where legal), the UK's long distance footpaths. In the process we've been blown away by the new sights and roads that we've happened to chance upon, and so by popular demand, starting in Issue 32 (Jan/Feb) of ABR magazine, we've teamed up with TomTom once again to explore the home nations.

The aim of these routes is to discover all that's great about the UK while keeping an eye on practicality and we've created a route around England and Wales that can be ticked off in bite-sized weekend chunks, or joined together to make one big UK adventure. For our first instalment, we have mapped out, and ridden, a route through Wales, starting in the industrial heartland of the Rhondda before taking you through the beautiful Brecon Beacons. From there we head through Sennybridge and to Mid Wales, where we ride one of the UK's hidden gems, the Devil's Staircase, before an overnight stop in the seaside town of Aberystwyth. The second day of our tour will take you north, past Barmouth and to the picturesque, Italian inspired town of Portmeirion. From here it's a short ride into Snowdonia where some fantastic roads and epic views await.

We've plotted the route out so that you can download it, stick it in your SatNav and ride it. Simply right click on the attachment below called 'ABR TomTom Discover Britain Wales Weekender.gpx' and choose 'Save Link As', once you've saved it to your computer load it into your SatNav as per the manufacturers instructions and get riding!
ABRTomTomWeekender.PNG
ABRTomTomWeekender.PNG (848.93 KiB) Viewed 12416 times
ABRTomTomDiscoverBritainWalesWeekender.gpx
(571.85 KiB) Downloaded 1518 times
Bryn

Re: ABR Wales weekender route files

Post by Bryn »

Alternatively, if you're approaching Wales from the north and would rather ride the route in reverse, here's the gpx file for the opposite direction:

Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

Brilliant!

Thanks guys!

Any chance of having a sub section on the website somewhere, where we can form a library of routes on GPX files!
A section for the official ABR sponsored routes and a spot for us subscribers to download our routes too?
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Philiptigerrice wrote:Brilliant!

Thanks guys!

Any chance of having a sub section on the website somewhere, where we can form a library of routes on GPX files!
A section for the official ABR sponsored routes and a spot for us subscribers to download our routes too?
Good idea Philiptigerrice, we'll look into it, but for now the forum is as good a place as any to upload and share routes amongst users, and hopefully it's easy enough to navigate as routes are categorised by regions if you view the forum through the 'index' tab.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Bryn wrote:
Philiptigerrice wrote:Brilliant!

Thanks guys!

Good idea Philiptigerrice, we'll look into it, but for now the forum is as good a place as any to upload and share routes amongst users, and hopefully it's easy enough to navigate as routes are categorised by regions if you view the forum through the 'index' tab.
There is one.
http://adventurebikerider.com/forum/26- ... hread.html
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

Ta (thumbs)

But what I was really meaning was an extra tab along the top of the web page, next to the Tours Tab perhaps....

So, rather than needing to go scrolling through posts, within the Forum, full of opinions / reviews etc - is just, purely a Library of GPX files. Straight in - one click... (thumbs)
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Daz Brecon

Post by Daz Brecon »

ABR
Love these features on our UK roads, I enjoy reading about all the very lucky people who somehow leave there jobs for months at a time without getting sacked or divorced for using up a whole years holidays without the family, and tour the globe with money and a 15 grand bike to boot, I have dozens of books to prove it lol. However I am like probably 99% of your readers who own an older but fantastic bike, mine is a ktm 990 Adventure I use on and off road, I am extremely lucky to live right in Brecon so I am surrounded by great roads, I love riding North Wales, keep these features coming which are more accessible to the majority of us, the U.K. Is a fantastic place to ride, great people, places to eat and pubs, long may it continue great work ABR
Daz Brecon
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

Email sent bryn
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
Lulo

Post by Lulo »

Thanks Bryn! (thumbs)
- LULO -