GPX files of trails in Morocco

Grahamkevinbutler

Re: GPX files of trails in Morocco

Post by Grahamkevinbutler »

Wonkyconk wrote:Let us know how you get on in Morocco, I'm going later on in the year.
If you fancy some lanes in the south west of England get in touch, I know some cracking routes.
That's very kind of you, and I'll say the same to you if you fancy the lanes in the northeast, some of the best scenery you will see in this country
Chris S

Post by Chris S »

I agree with Tim. Get the free Olaf - effectively hundreds on gpxs - enough keep you occupied for years.
Same with the OSM, though I prefer to background topo detail of Olaf.
If you have trouble installing either on a Montana (as I've just had with Olaf - was
easy on a Nuvi) you won't regret spending 20 quid on Garmin's now reasonably priced North Africa Topo Light. Easy to install and goes from Mauritania to Egypt (for all the good that is these days)
I review all these maps here:
https://sahara-overland.com/2016/12/19/ ... -reviewed/
gar-msd.jpg
gar-msd.jpg (44.03 KiB) Viewed 15901 times
ross rider

Post by ross rider »

Mike54 wrote:Pretty lazy frankly to just ask people to give them to you when generally speaking they've spent a long time finding them and creating themselves, or have years of experience and a big data bank of them.

why not do something positive and buy chris scott's book as a starter. You also haven't talked about your ability, what bike you're taking, your fitness level, your "adventure" level, if you'll be alone etc. It's impossible to advise you or even help in any kind of decent way without more information, and you actually doing something.
Could not agree more with you Mike,
Grahamkevinbutler

Post by Grahamkevinbutler »

Chris S wrote:I agree with Tim. Get the free Olaf - effectively hundreds on gpxs - enough keep you occupied for years.
Same with the OSM, though I prefer to background topo detail of Olaf.
If you have trouble installing either on a Montana (as I've just had with Olaf - was
easy on a Nuvi) you won't regret spending 20 quid on Garmin's now reasonably priced North Africa Topo Light. Easy to install and goes from Mauritania to Egypt (for all the good that is these days)
I review all these maps here:
https://sahara-overland.com/2016/12/19/ ... -reviewed/
gar-msd.jpg
I've got the osm maps but went with your advice and spent £20 for the garmin maps as I thought that's a good buy,
The detail is much better and it give routes even down all trails
Thanks Chris

Return to “Morocco”