Wild Atlantic Way Question

Weealwyn

Wild Atlantic Way Question

Post by Weealwyn »

Hi Folks,

I have a notion that I would like to try to complete the length of the WAW over the next year in sections. I started on Saturday past with a short section of Donegal - which is the most accessible part for me.

Does anyone know of an App or website or anything like that where you can 'tick off' and record sections as you do them?

I had thought of starting it as a thread on here - but that presumes people here would be arsed following or reading it - maybe a blog that no one would read would be better?

Has anyone done this before or started already?

alwyn
Flintlock

Re: Wild Atlantic Way Question

Post by Flintlock »

Hello Alwyn

Don't know of any apps end re the WAW, however I would just put in in as a ride report in the Ireland section and you can add to it as and when.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Or you could just get a WAW map and use a highlghter to mark off the bits you've done.

Keep it simple, thats my motto :D

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

um a map would be pretty obvious would have thought or just a notebook that would be a little book with paper in it, but if you insist upon electronic, Garmin Basecamp will do that easily with waypoints. On the WAW itself dont get hung up on following the little wave signs to the letter, us ABR's can venture off a little for a explore, well if you take a map anyway. Have fun and keep it off the ditches.
Weealwyn

Post by Weealwyn »

Bikenav- it is an absolute indictment of my current state of mind that I didn't even think about using a notebook and map - Duh - Of course that is the answer!

I have a map on the wall in my room at work where I am going to trace the route I have covered on marker as a conversation starter with young people I work with too.

Some times the obvious answers are the hardest to see for me.

a :D

Return to “Ireland”