Ulster Grand Prix... Ticketing Query

TomBoyNI

Ulster Grand Prix... Ticketing Query

Post by TomBoyNI »

Quick question for the road racing fans on here...

I am looking to go to the UGP on Thursday (to my shame this is probably the only event I don't go annually too - in fact I have never been). However I am confused by the ticketing.

Do I need to buy a £25 wristband just to watch? I was looking at buying a grandstand ticket for the seating however do I need a £25 wristband as well as a £10 / £25 grandstand ticket?

Or is it just like every where else. Find a hedge and watch it free? :blink:
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
Tonibe63

Re: Ulster Grand Prix... Ticketing Query

Post by Tonibe63 »

The roads are closed off approx a mile or so before you get to the circuit and everybody needs a wristband to get passed the roadblocks. Wristbands are 25 pounds from many shops or petrol stations as you approach the area, just follow the stream of bikes. Last year you could buy wristbands at the roadblocks but the queues were long so quicker to get enroute.
I assume you pay extra to get in the grandstands but don't know for sure. Portaloo's are situated around the circuit and local charities also sell tea and coffee. When you see the organisation involved I think 25 pound is well worth it.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

Thanks. (thumbs)

To be honest I think £25 is pretty steep. Considering every other event is free.

I was at the TT this year and even the programme was only £18 and you get a nice bag of goodies with it.

I go to all the other events, buy a program and make a donation to the club but £25 for just entry seems a bit high for me.

£75 for me, my Dad and Mrs is an awful expensive day in a field.

If you are doing the whole race week it's a great price but for one day's racing I'm not convinced. :blink:

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

All you need to do is look at the cost to go to a MotoGP and you'll suddenly realise you're getting a bargain.

I think it's costing us more than the price of a week all inclusive holiday in the Canaries for the package we've got at the Austrian MotoGP next weekend and that doesn't include getting there but you only live once and I don't want to die saying "I wish I'd......"
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

AndyB wrote:All you need to do is look at the cost to go to a MotoGP and you'll suddenly realise you're getting a bargain.

I think it's costing us more than the price of a week all inclusive holiday in the Canaries for the package we've got at the Austrian MotoGP next weekend and that doesn't include getting there but you only live once and I don't want to die saying "I wish I'd......"
You're right and I pretty much agree with you. My only point of reference though is every other road race.

suzivstrom650

Post by suzivstrom650 »

hi tom ,
If its the same as previous years the wristband covers you for the whole week.Access for thursday racing as well as the main saturday races.Also for all practice sessions and the various "race week" events.Unfortunately if all you want is the Saturday racing,its the same price!
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

TomBoyNI wrote:
AndyB wrote:All you need to do is look at the cost to go to a MotoGP and you'll suddenly realise you're getting a bargain.

You're right and I pretty much agree with you. My only point of reference though is every other road race.
I go to the road racing in Belgium because to be honest it's closer and cheaper to get to than anything similar in the UK for me and £25 a £35 is about average for a weekend ticket.

Ok, the racing is free on the IoM but the cost to get there on its own would pay the whole weekend at Chimay or Gedinne and I'll see more races over a weekend in Begium but NI is your local patch so it's a different ball game.
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

AndyB wrote:
TomBoyNI wrote:

I go to the road racing in Belgium because to be honest it's closer and cheaper to get to than anything similar in the UK for me and £25 a £35 is about average for a weekend ticket.

Ok, the racing is free on the IoM but the cost to get there on its own would pay the whole weekend at Chimay or Gedinne and I'll see more races over a weekend in Begium but NI is your local patch so it's a different ball game.
It has it's good points. Racing and Game of Thrones (apparently)

Return to “Ireland”