Greenlanes in Glos

Phil

Re: Greenlanes in Glos

Post by Phil »

Sorry to hear about the Tiger.It sucks when your bike is off the road, and paying to get it fixed hurts even more...especially when its a new bike. (and not to mention the glourios biking weather we're having at the mo). Triumph need to pull there finger out, they seem to be losing a lot of customers.

lonepilgrim: - considered a Tenere 660? Love mine.
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

Another troublesome Triumph

XC (cross-country) 'not designed for off-road'.

Shameful.

If you live in Glocs, the solution to your problems is not far away.

You'll find it at AMS Motorcycles: get yourself a KTM 690 Enduro or 990 Adventure.

Proper motorcycles, proper dealer, proper aftersales. Demo bike when you take yours in for service, excellent parts availability at reasonable prices.

I was the third owner of my 950 Adventure which I got from them. They sorted out a number of minor issues with it for free, and KTM paid for them to fit a new rear brake m/c and other parts, even though I hadn't even complained about it and the warranty was expired!

(NB the service manager at Triumph in Cheltenham rides.....a KTM!)
b1kerb0y

Post by b1kerb0y »

Well it's been off the road now for about 4 weeks this time. Last time it was off for about 2 weeks because the radiator killed itself (still have no idea why) which they did replace under warranty (shock!!). What's annoying me most is that I'm missing out on this fantastic weather.

Richard - yes I have been looking at 690 enduros, 690 smc's haven't looked at 990 adventures because i would probably struggle to insure it being only 22... I need a bike that can do mainly road miles so the 690s may not be the best choice? I will see how I feel when the front wheel comes back from being repaired...
If ignorance is bliss, why aren´t more people happy?????

KTM 990 Adventure :D
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

There's a bloke on the TRF/TBM forum who's put megamiles on his 690 Enduro (uses it for commuting, touring and trail riding) with no probs.
JohnPaul1st if you want to log into either and pm him.

I wish Triumph very well, and nearly bought one, but reading some of the stuff here, I'm glad I didn't now.
b1kerb0y

Post by b1kerb0y »

That's good to know Richard :) Thanks

davec

Post by davec »

Gone a bit quiet on this thread time to revive it I think. I see there are a few new members from Gloucestershire area. Who's going to the Midland Rally?
I got a motorbike for my wife...

Best swap I ever made.
b1kerb0y

Post by b1kerb0y »

Right then... Lets revive this here thread! My 990 needs christening on some nice and very easy off road routes :)

davec

Post by davec »

Yeah, I'm in. Bit busy at the moment as I need to fix the leaky exhaust on the Vara ready for Ullapool (it pops a bit on the overrun and would scare the crap out of any wild haggi).
I got a motorbike for my wife...

Best swap I ever made.
Phil

Post by Phil »

davec wrote:Yeah, I'm in. Bit busy at the moment as I need to fix the leaky exhaust on the Vara ready for Ullapool (it pops a bit on the overrun and would scare the crap out of any wild haggi).
Take the XR then, simples :)
mavis cruet

Post by mavis cruet »

yey. still up for a bimble. went on the fosse the other day. is anyone free a weekend this month? dont really know any other lanes though.

Return to “South West”