Sunday 20th Ride out.

Peejay

Re: Sunday 20th Ride out.

Post by Peejay »

Todays the day. :woohoo:

See you soon.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
Kiteboy

Post by Kiteboy »

Bikes out, visors cleaned catch you all at Taunton.

Jase
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Have a great day boys, remember lots of pix.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Kiteboy

Post by Kiteboy »

Thanks fellow South Westers, enjoyed the ride out today especially the narrow tracked detour. Followed the river back Princetown Peejay was very pleasant. The reports about the 800GS saddle are true real pain in the butt after a few miles. 238 for me today expect all you Bristolians clocked more than that.
Thanks for good day and hopefully more like it

Cheers
Jase
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Thanks Kiteboy (Jase) enjoyed your company. Well I clocked 235 to/from Bristol so you beat me, but I think the Wiltshire posse may well win the distance award. ;)
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Peejay

Post by Peejay »

2nd Ride out for the SW group.

I rocked up for a 10am meet at Gordano Service, and the sun was shining, contrary to the forecast.
100_0586.JPG
100_0586.JPG (70.62 KiB) Viewed 6762 times
Not long after Versysrider arrived, guess what he was riding?
100_0587.JPG
100_0587.JPG (63.76 KiB) Viewed 6762 times
....ok, a Versys.

We set off and met Lee and Kiteboy at Taunton, waited a while for anyone else to turn up, but eventually the 4 of us departed for Dulverton, not long after I was aware of several more bikes behind our group.
Well 4 power rangers bimbled past and were lost to sight. that left an additional 3 bikes behind a quick chat at the traffic lights revealed that the Wiltshire poose had caught us up, McOo and Paula and Mel_ksham.
I was leading and being guided by my Zumo with the route programmed in. I began to get a bit concerned when I was told to turn left on the A396, which I was expecting, but was a bit dubious as I made the turn. Sure enough after a few yards and nowhere to turn we were negotiating a single track lane with a lot of gravel and mud, well only 3 miles of this until we eventually joined the real A396. :whistle:
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Lee

Post by Lee »

Evening all – glad you had fun Jase it was good to meet you, and the other new faces to the SW rideout; Paula, Mel and McOo. Trust you all got home safely.

Thanks go to peejay for leading out the rideout again, and to Hans for stopping at junctions to keep us all on the straight and particularly narrow ;)

Thanks also to both of you for your company once again on another great day out (and for being gentle when I lead the way back to Exeter). Trust you both made it back to Bristol in good time – the run back up the B3181 was fun, but it was starting to get a bit chilly in the shade, made it back in time to watch the GP though B)

Here are a couple of pics of the group

Exmoor (Dulverton)
Dulverton.jpg
Dulverton.jpg (157.4 KiB) Viewed 6762 times
Dartmoor (Princetown)
Princetown.jpg
Princetown.jpg (155.34 KiB) Viewed 6762 times
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Arrived at Dulverton, and we had a brief chat and photos for ABR Rally were taken.

Then we set off for the journey to Dartmoor.
The sun was still shining and the temperature was getting warmer and warmer, a balmy 16deg Cel was showing and I was beginning to regret wearing my thermals.
A fab ride over the moor and we arrived as a group at Princetown.

Another ABR rider was already here but keeping a low profile, but we saw his bike, Alun, was it you??

Well the group decided to split at this point with all having different routes to take to get back. So farewells said, Lee, Versy and me headed to the Warren House Inn (edit) (Lee please correct me I know I've got it wrong) high on the moor, for a bite to eat before the long ride back.

The we rode back over the moor to Exeter before bidding farewell to Lee and hitting the slab, and a quick wave to McOo and Paula as we hauled ass.

Another great day out, thanks to everyone, see you on the next one.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Lee

Post by Lee »

Warren House Inn :-)
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Thanks for the brilliant ride guys, good to see you again Lee/Paul.

Paula, Mark and Mel, good to see you guys too for your first ride with us, glad you managed to join us!

Was a great laugh today, Peejay's sat nav taking us down a narrow lane was halarious :D

Group was separated out a little due to a few cars and double whites - so quickly employed the drop off system! One pesky 4x4 decided to go 40mph everywhere, not good :(

Dartmoor was amazing, never been there and the road over the moors remind me of the Horse shoe pass in wales, stunning scenery in every direction - just watch out for sheep/people/ponies! :D I didn't care much that it was a 40mph limit, was fantastic to just bimble along and look around.

Plenty of varied roads, good scenery and after stopping at two pubs, found a third - the Warren house inn, what a good place to stop too! Good grub before the blast home.

Caught up with Mark and Paula just before hitting the M5, said hello and blasted home quickly. Clocked a total of 246 miles and my petrol tank drank 23 litres (fast motorway speed killed the MPG LOL!)

Ill have to upload pictures taken, thanks again for a great group ride, cant wait for the next one!
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

Return to “South West”