Sunday 20th Ride out.

V-Rider

Re: Sunday 20th Ride out.

Post by V-Rider »

peejay wrote:
100_0601.JPG
Didnt realise we came dressed as twins Lee! :laugh: :laugh:
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

paula wrote:
peejay wrote:Thanks Kiteboy (Jase) enjoyed your company. Well I clocked 235 to/from Bristol so you beat me, but I think the Wiltshire posse may well win the distance award. ;)
Maybe just pushing over 300 miles, the most riding I have ever done in one day...also only my third time on a motorway and first time to Exmoor so lots of new thing :) thanks everyone for waiting for me ;)
No problem Paula, you did great, hope to see you on another run soon, we will try to avoid motorways, maybe a run down to see Jase and a nice cup of tea at West Bay, not so far for you guys and i'll bring my Dakar.
Hope you get your fork seals sorted.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

peejay wrote:
paula wrote:
peejay wrote:Thanks Kiteboy (Jase) enjoyed your company. Well I clocked 235 to/from Bristol so you beat me, but I think the Wiltshire posse may well win the distance award. ;)
Maybe just pushing over 300 miles, the most riding I have ever done in one day...also only my third time on a motorway and first time to Exmoor so lots of new thing :) thanks everyone for waiting for me ;)
No problem Paula, you did great, hope to see you on another run soon, we will try to avoid motorways, maybe a run down to see Jase and a nice cup of tea at West Bay, not so far for you guys and i'll bring my Dakar.

Glad to have you along Paula, dont worry about us waiting lol! You did great out on the run, and nice overtake on the 4x4 too! :whistle:

We didnt slow down that much at all! The guys buggered off at their own pace and I just took it upon myself to keep us all going in the same direction B)

300 miles is more than I have ever covered in one day, so nice one! ;)

Not a bad idea either Peejay - look forward to it B)
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Lee

Post by Lee »

Hey Paula

Glad you enjoyed it – 300 miles isn't to be sniffed at that's a long day for anyone, and you were out the day before too.

We don't tend to sit on the motorway that much anyway – the Ten's not really a motorway tool and I get bored easily :-) I actually left Paul and Hans to it on the way back and headed up the old B3181 / A38 to Wellington as I find it more interesting than playing with fast cars in a straight line.
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
Kiteboy

Post by Kiteboy »

peejay wrote:
paula wrote:
No worries for a Dorset ride out, away at St Ives this weekend, but back after that so will organise a ride out after that. I'm happy with a Sunday again if that suits? Can meet you Northerners up at Bridgewater and take in some country roads, coast road and Dorset sites down to West Bay (Cuppa), onto Lyme Regis and Seaton (lunch?) then back Northwards?
Will post a new thread after the weekend and stick it on the group wall :cheer:
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Nice one Jase, look forward to that.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
paula

Post by paula »

Lee wrote:Hey Paula

Glad you enjoyed it – 300 miles isn't to be sniffed at that's a long day for anyone, and you were out the day before too.

We don't tend to sit on the motorway that much anyway – the Ten's not really a motorway tool and I get bored easily :-) I actually left Paul and Hans to it on the way back and headed up the old B3181 / A38 to Wellington as I find it more interesting than playing with fast cars in a straight line.
Know what your saying lee...not my favorite place to ride but sometimes needed, I now know why peolpe have tall screens mO.Om I was totally done by the time we got home but totally proud of my milage and good practice for the tour :) again thanks for having me.
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

You definately had a long day! Doing a motorway run on your bike with small screen is brave too! So nice one! :)
paula

Post by paula »

Glad to have you along Paula, dont worry about us waiting lol! You did great out on the run, and nice overtake on the 4x4 too! :whistle:

We didnt slow down that much at all! The guys buggered off at their own pace and I just took it upon myself to keep us all going in the same direction B)

300 miles is more than I have ever covered in one day, so nice one! ;)
Fork seal look as if they will need new stanchions to go with them :( and a back end slow puncture to be sorted too now...new front brake pads on today though thanks to the amazing mcoo :)

Next time I'm bringing up the rear :unsure: SHHHHHHHHH! no one needs to know about the 4X4 lol :woohoo: :whistle:

Return to “South West”