Southwest Meet 05/03/2011

Lee

Re: Southwest Meet 05/03/2011

Post by Lee »

The weather's looking to be nice for the day (a little misty in the morning, but clearing by 9am so you'll be fine). The roads might be a bit potholey up on the hills as there was a lot of snowfall up there this winter, other local roads haven't faired all that well so I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm guessing you'll be coming through my way about 11:15-11:30ish. I'll aim to be be on the road somewhere between Bridgwater and Minehead around then if I can make it in time.

Don't worry if you don't see me, there will always be another day and another ride.

Cheers guys

Lee
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
Lee

Post by Lee »

Well, first one back from the inaugural Southwest Group rideout (helps that the others had a 30 odd mile onward journey). Minus the planned new tyre I hasten to add – never realised tubed 21" tourances were on the endangered species list. Still, there's enough rubber left on the old one to just about to cushion the rim :whistle:

Nice day out, and a top ride through some lovely scenery with a couple of great guys – loved it! B)

The tea shop in Lynmouth gave us an opportunity to grab a shot of us all together (as well as a nice bacon sandwich and a cuppa).

Cheers PeeJay and VersysRider – Look forward to the next one.

ABR_SW_group.jpg
ABR_SW_group.jpg (60.74 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Thanks Lee and Versysrider for a good ride out. Glad you made it Lee, even got to the start point albeit without new tyre. Versys on a very clean Versys-up all night polishing it?
Cold but bright start. Motorway to Bridgwater then A39 to Minehead.
Then the fun really began, up over Porlock Hill 1:4 :woohoo: Then the coast road on the edge of Exmoor with a veiw over the Bristol Channel. The water looked blue!! amazing as it is usually a nice shade of S**t brown. Then down Countisbury Hill (1:4) into Lynmouth.
Stop for food n coffee and a couple of snaps.

Then after being suitably refreshed headed out of Lynmouth to Simonsbath then across Exmoor to Taunton,
Thanks Lee for the coffee stop.
Dash up M5 then A38 to Bristol.
Max temp 6.0 cel, Min temp 2.5 cel over Exmoor.
Thanks Aldi for cheap but very effective windstopper undercrackers..

Thanks Again lads. Til the next one.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Versys isn't clean anymore though Peejay!

Cold but great day, sun popped out a few times to say hello. And Holy GOD was Porlock hill steep! Little tea shop in lynmouth was nice, lynmouth itself picturesque with that nice stream running through it.

I have to say thanks Peejay for showing me round some brilliant roads, and thanks for keeping it at a respectable pace. Could have gone quicker, but on unknown roads that pace was ideal.

Thanks also Lee for the tea and two :) Hope you didnt mind looking at my rear end all day lol.

Looking at the picture my bike is tiny compared to your two, a taller screen may help it look taller though :P

Brilliant day and thanks you two, look forward to seeing you on another ride soon. Question is, where?
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Alun

Post by Alun »

There you go gents, you now have your own forum section - and I've moved this thread into it.

Good to see you had a fine time out, I'll let you know when I'm riding down Dartmoor for the Nature Rally and maybe you can show me around.
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Thanks Alun,
Anytime you are down this neck of the woods, give a shout, plenty of good rides down here to be had and some good lads too. :cheer:
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

We should arrange group meet meets, like South Midlands meets Southwest. ;)
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Did you take the back lane from Porlock Weir? I was down there couple of years ago, it runs along the coast for a while, narrow and tufty with a small toll booth.
Took these pics along there.

Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

CRAIGREVO wrote:We should arrange group meet meets, like South Midlands meets Southwest. ;)
Sounds like a plan, was thinking about joining you all for brekkie tomorrow, but better ask SWMBO before I commit.
But inter groups is a great idea.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Treadtrader wrote: Did you take the back lane from Porlock Weir? I was down there couple of years ago, it runs along the coast for a while, narrow and tufty with a small toll booth.
Took these pics along there.

Nice pics!! 2nd one shows Lynmouth really well.

Took the high road as I wanted to show Versys the HILL!! Lee probably knows the low road too as he is local to that area.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Return to “South West”