East Mids ABR's its time to... Check in!

peter griffin

Re: East Mids ABR's its time to... Check in!

Post by peter griffin »

im in swadlincote...me duck.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Close to the A14 junction 2.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Scythian

Post by Scythian »

I can suggest a couple of places....For an evening meet, then there's Thursdays at the Vic Bikers pub in Coalville, or then there's the Six Hills on on the Fosse on the Leics/Notts border or thereabouts but that one is summer only. As the East Midlands appears to cover Leics/Notts/Lincs and the top of Northants I was trying to think of a central point that would be easy for all of us to get to.

For a day's spin I can suggest a gathering at Bosworth Battlefield car park for a coffee at their tea rooms before heading off to Sheepy Parva to play with their greenlanes and the medieval Ford there? Or I can put on my archaeologists hat and take you all to Naseby, talk about the history changing battle there while taking a tour on our bikes, and then finish at the pub in the village?

Over to you - any other places you think we could visit for the day or meet at?
'The most dangerous part of a motorcycle is the nut connecting the handlebar to the seat.'
akey

Post by akey »

Hi all, just joined and from Alfreton in NE Derbyshire with a XT1200Z Super Tenere.

Can suggest MFN in Shipley as a good midweek meet up, chat, look at bikes place (would be good to see more ABRs there instead of the usual sports bike lot :) ).
“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
Sulaco_uk

Post by Sulaco_uk »

Hi all
Been here for a week or so. Based in Boston Lincs.:S
ktm 250 exc, Fireblade
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Hello from South Leicestershire within the Leicester/Lutterworth/Hinckley triangle.
Love anything from 2 up touring to trials riding.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
yoda

Post by yoda »

Dunholme, Lincolnshire...next to Scampton, home of the Dambusters and the Red Arrows.

:P
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Northants, am i in?? and used to live st Scampton many moons ago, small world

Vstrom1000 & Bandit600
jayson

Post by jayson »

Palterton, near Chesterfield.

Guess its top end of the east midlands.

Near jcn 29 of the M1
RichP

Post by RichP »

From Sileby , Nr Loughborough , Leicestershire. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to help a complete numpty enter some tracks of Morocco into a Garmin 60csx? I'm going in February and don't want to get there and find out nothing works! Cheers

Return to “East Midlands”