The First Ullapool Rally 2011 Feedback Please

LargeWayRound

Re: The First Ullapool Rally 2011 Feedback Please

Post by LargeWayRound »

lancashirelad wrote:This was the first rally I'd been to I rode up from Lancashire with four guys that I'd never met before, it was the first time I'd ever gone camping on the bike I had to buy a tent & the rest of the gear to go but yes I enjoyed it & I hope to do it again, but in the mean time I need some panniers & a bit more camping gear!!!!
Hoping to do some more rallys this year but to be really honest I'd prefer the option of a bunkhouse etc as well.
Glad you enjoyed it ..

To touch on your point of a bunkhouse at campsite .. well getting a campsite up in the area we wanted North of scotland that will allow a booking of a unknown number of bikers is a tough one .. Most campsites do not want to know or are not big enough to handle the numbers .
Or would require a large deposit and or a damage / noise deposit .

We are lucky that the Ullapool campsite manager is a biker and lets us book the campsite without any deposit or advance booking payments. plus we get a very good discounted price.
There are no bunkhouses / cabins on the campsite , but there are many good B&B's that are very close to the campsite .. plus a youth hostel . I know that quite a few people used these at last years rally.

Of course everyone that would want to seek out to stay at a B&B or hostel is welcome to do this and join in with the ride outs , socializing etc ..

Anyone wanting to book there place at the rally for camping you can do so here at this page

Anyone wanting to come and stay in B&B etc and join in for ride out etc (saturday 09.30hrs) just turn up at the camp ground .
bullivant

Re: The First Ullapool Rally 2011 Feedback Please

Post by bullivant »

Loved the rally last year - my first with any group. Very sorry I won't be able to make it this September - clashes with final opera rehearsals. Have a nice one.

Return to “Scotland”