Off the tarmac

adimurp

Off the tarmac

Post by adimurp »

I just moved to edinburgh, i ride abroad quite a lot, but i'm struggling to find anywhere to get off the tarmac up here believe it or not. If thee are any groups or clubs out there i could tag on to that would be fantastic so please somebody rescue me from the road! cheers fellas
no cuff too tough....
Mad Cow

Re: Off the tarmac

Post by Mad Cow »

Sadly you wont find any byways or unclassified roads up there, there are a very few "claimed" (but not confirmed) byways but I believe they are all tarmac.

All off tarmac activity north of the border has to be on private tracks, with permission of course.
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Boris

Post by Boris »

If you are prepared to travel an hour or so there are a few legal forest trails. There is also the Captains Road at St Marys Loch which is also legal.

There are also some more local short dirt roads that I've found the problem is no one is going to post details of them on here as use of them is tolerated rather than them being a right and overuse (especially by the noisy brigade) will surely bring on locked gates.

So in saying that if you are a sensible sort with a quiet bike an a respect for other peoples property we may be able to do a couple of trails together.
adimurp

Post by adimurp »

aha! well cheers boris, i think you should get in touch, i ride a 96 transalp with a few personal tinkerings added, and it has no subwoofer or siren haha. Thanks very much that was exactly what i wanted to hear, i look forward to hearing from you, i'll pm you my number.
no cuff too tough....

Return to “Scotland”