Scotland ABR's Meet 9th or 10th July 2011

LargeWayRound

Scotland ABR's Meet 9th or 10th July 2011

Post by LargeWayRound »

Just testing the water for a day out / meet .

We have not had one for a while and thought that I would see if anyone wants a meet somewhere. I going on holiday at the end of July (missing a overnighter the XRV guys are planning ) ..

Either Saturday or Sunday 9th /10th July . (Weather Wise)

I Thought a central meeting point .. Kenmore time 12 noon Car park opposite Crannog Centre

Drive along single track road along the side of Loch Tay to Killin
Then over the hill road to Bridge of Balgie for afternoon tea .
Then over another excellent hill road back to Loch Tay .

Then make our way home from there ..

If anyone is interested , I can do some more planning .

Come on Guys , what about it .. Weather dependent of course.

:) :)

UPDATE 5th July

I have decided that the Glen Lyon trip will be on the Sunday 10th July ..
Long Range forecast says light showers , but sod it (if we waiting around for the weather to play ball, we would get nowhere)

Kenmore (opposite) PH15 2HY The Scottish Crannog Centre . 12 noon

Or

If you fancy a spin up the awesome road ..

Dunkeld junction 1100hrs -1115 hrs

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msa=0& ... =UTF8&z=10
Marra

Re: Scotland ABR's Meet 9th or 10th July

Post by Marra »

Yes, count me in, either day is OK with me. I'm working the weekend of the XRV meet so I'm up for this. Last time I did that road was in a car few years back, seemed like a good idea at the time but a bit rough in places, much more suited to a bike.
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Excellent Mara

I am going to open the invite on XRV as well, depends on the response here.

The south road on loch tay is single track all the way , not done it yet (apart from google streetview) looks nice ,

I did the Hill track from Glen Lyon to killin (in the rain) about 4 weeks ago.

The road is OK apart from one section (very easy on a bike) , nearly all washed out , massive potholes though, and they have put in a Deer Fence & 2 Gates on the road.

The bridge of Balgie road over the hill , past "Lochan na Lairige" is another awesome road (Single track) , fantastic views if the weather is nice

Bring it On..
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Bump .... !!
Doggo

Post by Doggo »

:angry: :angry:

The next two weekends looks like the only ones this year I'll have to work - otherwise would be a shoe-in :angry:

Drat, Drat and Double Drat!

If you get enough interest to go ahead and I can escape I'll be there, but doesn't look likely that I can :(

Cheers for doing though, LWR
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

When a man is tired of motorcycling, he is tired of life
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Thats unfortunate Doggo ..

There is 2 another people interested ,. so its a goer (if the weather stays nice) ..

Will decide on the day next week when I can view the long range weather forecast.

So if you can get away from work, you are more than welcome .

Cheers LWR
bunker

Post by bunker »

I'll pencil myself in for this if the Sunday is a goer (wife works a Saturday), i'd better start grovelling now.....:whistle:

I'll be coming up Loch Tay to Kenmore anyways, it looks a nice road and i've not been up that way before, so i don't mind doing it twice!
It'll be a good recce as i had intended going that way to Ullapool (via Cairngorm for the Nature Rally).

Fingers crossed ;)
Triumph Tiger 885
sethmopp

Post by sethmopp »

Drat! I'm working, also it's the same weekend as the BMF in Kelso...
Marra

Post by Marra »

LargeWayRound wrote: There is 2 another people interested ,. so its a goer (if the weather stays nice) ..

Will decide on the day next week when I can view the long range weather forecast.
Great, as I said, either day is good for me. Been at the maps already, I've pedalled all around those roads so now I get to do them on Transflap. Looking forward already. :)
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

Hi Craig , Sorry mate can`t make those dates as Daughter has booked Wife and I to babysit for a few days at that time [ and excuses are not allowed ]. Hope you have a great time .
Oh and what were you doing lurking purposfully on East north St with the bike a couple of weeks ago ignoring the idiot in the X-Trail waving like a nutter .I think the guy in the car behind thought I had lost the plot .
All the best
Dave

Return to “Scotland”