Scottish Route to the Boil

Kenbo

Scottish Route to the Boil

Post by Kenbo »

I will start this one off

Due to comitments I can not get away untill 2pm on the Friday and will be returning home on the Sat night (after the ride out)
davsato

Re: Route to the Boil

Post by davsato »

motofrog rich and i are going up from the south coast on THURSDAY, anyone welcome to join us

doh! sorry, just noticed this is about the other end of the country!
Dave
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

I have copied the route that SteveT suggested in the scottish group.
But I am not sure of the timings yet . I suspect that we will be past you (Ken) long before 2pm, but not sure .

Quote SteveT
"My thoughts on the ride down were to head for Edinburgh via Braemar/Glencoe/Perth. From Edinburgh take the A7 to Longtown, then onto the A6071 to Brampton, then onto the B6413 to Penrith, the A686 onto the B6412, onto the A66 to Brough then finally the A685 to Kirkby Stephen.

Approx 300 and a bit miles, so leaving home at 9ish should get me to the destination by 4pm with stops."

Have to work out the timings from Braemar to where you are .

cheers LWR
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

I am in easy reach of the services at Kinross and the Granada services at Stirling.

But me and Yippie are happy to toddle down ourselfs if the time does not suit
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

Hi , LWR , Have you finalised a departure time from your place yet as I would like to take up your offer of tagging along :) . The easiest way for me ,is to meet you en-route somewhere in Abdn as crapnav puts me through Turrif/Huntly Ect which is over 2hrs to Braemar on poor roads . Are you planning to use Gt Western rd or the Sth Deeside route as I can meet either en-route to Cults or off r/bout at bridge of Dee , whichever suits .
Dave .
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

davecopland wrote:Hi , LWR , Have you finalised a departure time from your place yet as I would like to take up your offer of tagging along :) . The easiest way for me ,is to meet you en-route somewhere in Abdn as crapnav puts me through Turrif/Huntly Ect which is over 2hrs to Braemar on poor roads . Are you planning to use Gt Western rd or the Sth Deeside route as I can meet either en-route to Cults or off r/bout at bridge of Dee , whichever suits .
Dave .
Hi Dave

For Braemar I usally go up lower south deeside road , so we can meet there if you want.
From the roundabout at bridge of dee , 500 yards up the road , 20 yards just before the National speed limit sign , there is a layby . We can meet there .

I just need a time that the others are meeting at Braemar then I can work out a time to meet you.

Stay Tuned .
africajim

Post by africajim »

Em,,,,, We'll probably meet you guys at Braemar, Hungry Highlander for the coffee and bacon roll!
Time for Braemar Craig? I'm sure SteveT will be in touch regarding leaving Elgin.
Any how, there'll be me and Fiona definitely, we'll meet you on the road mate. Route sounds good to me, I've not actually looked at a map yet, don't even know where we're going, it's over the border and that's about it! LOL!
Honda, the power of dreams.
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

africajim wrote:Em,,,,, We'll probably meet you guys at Braemar, Hungry Highlander for the coffee and bacon roll!
Time for Braemar Craig? I'm sure SteveT will be in touch regarding leaving Elgin.
Any how, there'll be me and Fiona definitely, we'll meet you on the road mate. Route sounds good to me, I've not actually looked at a map yet, don't even know where we're going, it's over the border and that's about it! LOL!
Aye Jim , sounds good

I have glanced at the map , route looks good.

Update us on time if you hear from Steve .
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

Cheers LWR ,ref meeting place ,I know where you mean and sounds good .
LargeWayRound

Re: Scottish Route to the Boil

Post by LargeWayRound »

Kenbo wrote:I will start this one off

Due to comitments I can not get away untill 2pm on the Friday and will be returning home on the Sat night (after the ride out)
Hi Kenbo

The meet at Braemar is at 10am so looks like we will be well passed kinross by 2pm , so we will see you at the boil . Hope you guys have a nice trip down.

Cheers LWR

Return to “Scotland”