Highlanders Meet / Ride Out & BBQ Sun 6th March

LargeWayRound

Re: Highlanders Meet / Ride Out & BBQ Sun 6th March

Post by LargeWayRound »

Aye , It was a lovely day here today .
I was out for a 50 mile spin to scrub the new tyre .
Kinda gritty , sandy out there .

Forecast is good for tomorrow.

See you there , I should be there 1030 hrs
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Have a good run out guys & gals, don't forget the pics and rr for us that would like to be there. ;)

Puncture free I hope. :woohoo:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Cheers dave

will take many pictures of the burgers etc ..

and the scenery..

Punctures .... DONT GO THERE .. :lol: :cheer:
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

You had a grand day for it , so I hope it went well and you all had a good time :cheer: .
Dave
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

davecopland wrote:You had a grand day for it , so I hope it went well and you all had a good time :cheer: .
Dave
Well I did, thanks.

Check this link out for my blurb & piccies . .
http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... t----.html

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Thanks Dave

A very bright sunny but cold day this morning .
But intrepid riders from all over Scotland turned up at the meet point in Braemar.

The ride up was chilly especially after Ballater , stopped for a quick photo of a lovely old *royal* bridge.

The lovely lass in the cafe opened early so we could get a heat and some well deserved coffee. The rest of the expected riders came along in 2's or 3's .

After the nice coffee , we headed down deeside to Balmoral , where we headed off down the lower south road . The road conditions were usual at this time of year , gritty , sandy . But all very dry so looking in my mirror to see 9 other riders and clouds of dust . Quite a sight .

Being accustomed to the road I was being careful and keeping to a sensible pace.
We made our way down to cairn'o'mount , were we stopped for a break.

A couple of the guys drove up to the cairn at the top (to the tut tuts' of the car drivers), but cheers from us. Jim did a couple of wheelies on the road , just because he can) .

AfricaJim does a wheelie.

After 10 minutes we headed down the other side , and went the clatering bridge ford.
Amazed that there was some water in the ford , (sorry no pics) only 6 inches of water but nice little water splash .

Made our way through the back roads , some b roads some single track. Nice blast being careful not to go mad , with all the road grit.

We made it back to my house without loosing anyone , thanks SteveT for being back marker , and all riders that used the second man drop off system.
Turning the corner into my village, you could smell the BBQ already, mmmmmmm
Jenifer (my wife) was on the ball, and coffee / food was all ready for the brave adventurers.
My dogs had fun scaring the crap out of the riders , but we did get them to settle down, when the burgers started being handed out .

Fed and watered and heated up , the riders started to leave to make there way home.

A great meet up , thanks for all the riders who turned up and made a great start to this years season.

We (Jenifer & Myself) plan to do a another BBQ later in the summer.

:)

p.s. I did not get many pictures from today , but I did see quite a few cameras, so hopefully others will have some shots of a great day out.

Return to “Scotland”