Scottish camping weekend in January

Lone-Tiger

Re: Scottish camping weekend in January

Post by Lone-Tiger »

Just getting the time to sit down now and post up some pictures of last weekend, This was my first ABR outing after joining the forum at the beginning of December, And if it was anything to go by i'll defiantly be up for more!

Tiger all packed and ready to roll...Left Coupar Angus at about 12, very light snow falling for most of the morning.

photo-1.JPG
photo-1.JPG (54.28 KiB) Viewed 9234 times

My route took me the back roads to Perth then onto The A85 through Crieff,Comrie and onto St Fillans by Loch Earn then my first stop at Tyndrum to the Green welly.

photo-2.JPG
photo-2.JPG (43.13 KiB) Viewed 9234 times

After a quick leg stretch it was onto the main Glencoe road and some beautiful scenery...even though it was cold i couldn't resist stopping for some photos.

photo-6.JPG
photo-6.JPG (55.53 KiB) Viewed 9234 times

photo-5.JPG
photo-5.JPG (46.43 KiB) Viewed 9234 times

I arrived at the Red Squirrel site at about 3 to find the place deserted, had a ride around and i really was the "Lone-Tiger"! :) However it wasn't long before Dave and Jim arrived and we quickly decided on a good spot to set up our tents before the sun went down, as there was no one else in the whole site we had the pick of it all.

As we were setting up out tents we could hear the rumble of a couple of bikes heading our way, sure enough it was Eric and Mike who had made the long trip up from Englandshire to join us.

They soon joined us in setting the tents up and then it was time to hit the pub for tea and a pint.

photo-3.JPG
photo-3.JPG (57.41 KiB) Viewed 9234 times

The food was great and the beer even better, after a night in the pub we braved the wind and snow to make our way back to the camp, that night i wasn't cold even with the gale force winds sweeping through the camp and seemingly directed at our tents.

The next morning we went for a ride out down the loch side roads to Oban, The roads were clear of snow but a little slippy in places, we were the only bikes to be seen that day!

photo-4.JPG
photo-4.JPG (39.46 KiB) Viewed 9234 times

The pub was the venue of choice again on Saturday night and a live band was there to entertain us.

Sunday morning arrived and it was time to break camp and head to the Green Welly for a "GWS" breakfast (Green Welly Special), This set us up for our journeys home...I broke off to head my own way home, the roads were clear with very little traffic until i arrived back at Perth.

After arriving home via a snow covered track, very slippy :) I unloaded the Tiger and rinsed off the salt with a few buckets of water and returned her to the workshop.

This was my first proper ride of the Tiger since getting her last June...I was very impressed with the way it handled the roads which were very slippy in places! :ohmy:

Anyways as I've said this was my first ABR outing and I'd like to say a big thank you to those who turned up and made the weekend, Cheers to Dave, Jim, Eric and Mike....Great craic and a great weekend.
Bianchi

Post by Bianchi »

Hi Brendan
It was great to meet you and maybe see you at the boil

Cheers

Dave
Lone-Tiger

Post by Lone-Tiger »

Bianchi wrote:Hi Brendan
It was great to meet you and maybe see you at the boil

Cheers

Dave
Cheers Dave...might give you a shout nearer the time and ride down with you and Jim If I'm going to the Boil.

Cheers

Brendan
cocker

Post by cocker »

great write up,
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Hi Brendan
Some great pictures there mate , I wanted to stop and take some myself but I was just to cold by the time we got that far up
The view's going over rannoch moor looked stunning with the snow down to the side of the road
It was a great weekend thank's for the recap
If your not the lead dog the view never change's

Return to “Scotland”