Post by mikey_01 »

sorry guys it wont let upload them hope this works
Attachments
ullapool080.JPG
ullapool080.JPG (44.83 KiB) Viewed 8698 times
ynotbiker

Re: wild camping?

Post by ynotbiker »

moto al wrote:thats no nice.but if your into that rembember you wellies!!!!!!!!!!
yes and if you but the sheep on the edge of a cliff its pushes back at you.so my mate reckons :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
moto al

Post by moto al »

ynotbiker wrote:
moto al wrote:thats no nice.but if your into that rembember you wellies!!!!!!!!!!
yes and if you but the sheep on the edge of a cliff its pushes back at you.so my mate reckons :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
that,s 2 much info .baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .al
moto al
appleby

Post by appleby »

LargeWayRound wrote:
The Wilbur wrote:Drink the local Whisky!

When it starts to exude from your pores, the midges think you are a local and leave you alone.

That's what I'm going to try at Ullapool anyway.

:P
You are not going to be alone in trying this tried and tested midge repellant.. :laugh:

Hopefully by the end of sept , there will not be so many about ... midge that is !
You need to remember that it is only pregnant female midges that bite, as they need the blood to feed their unborn young. So you may think you have found the perfect repellent BUT infact are just in the company of none aggressive midges.
Also worth considering is the pregnant females need to grasp you with their back legs in order to get enough purchase to take a chunk out of you. Avon skin so soft needs to be applied liberaly so that your skin is too slippy for the bastards to get a hold on you. Skin so soft is not a repellent & they will still buzz around you, land on you & tickle you ... but I have yet to be bitten where it is applied.

Finally, location & time of year are very important; last year in May I would have got eaten alive at a campsite on Ullswater, next day headed to the Highlands & never saw a midge all week.
If you go to the West coast before mid June, you should be ok, add a light breeze & you will be fine. Flat calm, sultry & damp & it could just be hell if the girls are biting.

Best advice is to avoid the kids 6 week summer holiday period.

Return to “Scotland”