South Mids ABR meet next Sunday - 9th Jan

Alun

South Mids ABR meet next Sunday - 9th Jan

Post by Alun »

I've a feeling that the ABR South Mids members could be putting on some weight in 2011. Having now visited the designated Sunday morning breakfast cafe I have to say that Glebe Farm is spot on for a meeting place.

Situated just off the Fosse Way to the north east of Stratford and just to the south of Leamington, Glebe is a working farm and the track to the cafe can be a bit greenlanish. Well it was this morning with mud, puddles and plenty of cow shite to cake up the Tiger and make it look like I'd just arrived via the Congo on a particularly bad day in the rainy season.

Cafe 1.jpg
Cafe 1.jpg (343.98 KiB) Viewed 10853 times

To the right of the cafe is a field with raw sausages.

Cafe 2.jpg
Cafe 2.jpg (422.33 KiB) Viewed 10853 times

The guy who runs the cafe is an enthusiastic butcher and biker who owns a Rocket and makes award winning sausages.

Cafe 4.jpg
Cafe 4.jpg (352.47 KiB) Viewed 10853 times

The menu has all the essentials.

Cafe 3.jpg
Cafe 3.jpg (584.05 KiB) Viewed 10853 times

And the full breakfast is quality. I kid you not when I say the sausages are the right up there with the best I've ever tasted. Throw in a couple of slices of home cured bacon, beans, a free range egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and two slices of bread and the world is a wonderful place.

Cafe 5.jpg
Cafe 5.jpg (375.4 KiB) Viewed 10853 times

In short, Glebe Farm is a perfect location for a Sunday morning breakfast meet and being on the Fosse it makes for a fine departure point for a run into the badlands of the Cotswolds.

Right then, who's up for a full brekkie and a ride out next Sunday - 9th Jan. The cafe is open at 9am and I'll be there up to my neck in sausage sandwiches.
ADY

Re: South Mids ABR meet next Sunday - 9th Jan

Post by ADY »

sounds good,any chance of a leaving time if you guys are off riding after.will poss ride involve lanes or roads?.want to turn up for breakfast,but may have a pillion..sorry new to the ABR(not biking)thing and would like to know whats what.from one of the newbies..Ady:)
Ratski

Post by Ratski »

Hi Alun, So it was you in there this morning.
We arrived @2ish yer man there told us he had already had some bikes
in earlier. The reason we were there is because i saw it mentioned here
and decided to give it a go. Can also recommend the breakfast good value
@ £5.00 inc tea.

Will try next Sunday a bit earlier
Ratski.
Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

Hi Alun,

I hope to be out trail riding one day next w/end and so will try and make it Sunday and pop along and try out the farms grub and see who's about.

Cheers
Alun

Post by Alun »

ADY wrote:sounds good,any chance of a leaving time if you guys are off riding after.will poss ride involve lanes or roads?.want to turn up for breakfast,but may have a pillion..sorry new to the ABR(not biking)thing and would like to know whats what.from one of the newbies..Ady:)
Hi Ady, I'll be there 9 to 9.15ish on the Tiger and will be sticking to the tarmac. I'm thinking of heading off down through Banbury and swinging through the Cotswolds to Broadway Tower or there abouts before heading back to Stratford.
davsato

Post by davsato »

pah, i spit on your tiny girls breakfast!
brekky.jpg
brekky.jpg (181.67 KiB) Viewed 10853 times
Dave
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

Davsato, Wot no fried bread with that !!!
Sounds good Alan could do with blowing a few cobwebs away
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

I won't be available for rideouts until end of Jan/start of Feb as I've not got my CBT done yet, looking around 20th Jan to have it sorted as I'm off work then so plenty of time to do it.

See you all soon

Return to “South Midlands”