Ride out 8th december

Rederic

Ride out 8th december

Post by Rederic »

Any one fancy a ride this coming sunday ?, meet up in settle about ten do a few of the local lanes and head up toward,s Hawes for a coffee/tea+ food,
It's probably best to pick the route on the day to suit the weather but it will be big bike friendly
I will be leaving tickle trout service's about 0900 with Tenere Mart. Yes he is back and out and about (thumbs)
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
chrisinflight

Re: Ride out 8th december

Post by chrisinflight »

Yep, Good idea. :)
2016 Beta 300rr- In the 2 stroke come-back club!

Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

Just tell let you know that the Penny Garth cafe in Hawes is now closed till the 28th but I'm sure there will be hot drinks available in the village.
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

I see it's for sale?
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 42218.html
anyone know the crack? An interesting opportunity for somebody?

I'd love to pop down to meet one or two, as I'm in the UK this weekend, and as I spent many happy years with a seasonal caravan pitch at Simonestone just above on the Buttertubs road (used to keep my DR650 and wife's DR200 in the awning!), but don't have a bike with me. Enjoy and gets some photos up please. I'll be there in spirit.
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

Mosel Bikes wrote:I see it's for sale?
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 42218.html
anyone know the crack? An interesting opportunity for somebody?
Only closed to visit Family over Christmas. All back to normal from the 28th Dec. (thumbs)
cowling

Post by cowling »

Hi Eric, I really fancy this, as long as you don't mind a mtx125 tagging along at the back.
Me tiger is away for the winter and I ain't sorted myself a proper green lane bike yet.
so the mtx is all I have to do it on. I have just restored/rebuilt it to a usable standard
And its proving to be quite reliable, so it should be fine on the lanes.
Getting to settle and back from Durham may be a bit of an endurance test.
I could be in settle for 10 on sun if that's ok ?
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

cowling wrote:Hi Eric, I really fancy this, as long as you don't mind a mtx125 tagging along at the back.
Me tiger is away for the winter and I ain't sorted myself a proper green lane bike yet.
so the mtx is all I have to do it on. I have just restored/rebuilt it to a usable standard
And its proving to be quite reliable, so it should be fine on the lanes.
Getting to settle and back from Durham may be a bit of an endurance test.
I could be in settle for 10 on sun if that's ok ?
That would be no problem you will be more than welcome, we will be heading back up towards hawes so it will be a bit easier for you going back (thumbs)
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

hi eric i might be up for this but i am not very good of road,as long as we stay on tarmac i will be o.k.but i draw the line at snow and ice not arsed if it is raining thats fine.i have just got a new bike so i am still getting use to it.would that be all right ? cheers tony.
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

anthony29040 wrote:hi eric i might be up for this but i am not very good of road,as long as we stay on tarmac i will be o.k.but i draw the line at snow and ice not arsed if it is raining thats fine.i have just got a new bike so i am still getting use to it.would that be all right ? cheers tony.
Hi Tony
We will be doing a few lanes on the sunday, but your welcome to come along and do the road miles with us, you can always do the tarmac road's when we do the little detours and meet up at the other end
A couple of week's ago matt done a few of the lanes on his 1200 GSA
P105012421.04.53.jpg
P105012421.04.53.jpg (66.05 KiB) Viewed 7605 times
PM me your phone no tony and I will get back to you
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

Hi all

Sorry can't be with you on this one :( (out with friends :laugh: ). Weather looking ok for your plans. Just a word of caution to all those that are coming into Settle ......DEISEL SPILL :pinch: :( on the roundabout at the east (Long Preston) and of Settle by pass.

Broad sided car at 15mph last night :pinch: . Wasn't much better tonight :( Police had put some signs up, but they seam to have got blown away in todays breeze.

Anthony. I know what you mean about snow and ice, especially after last Feb's trip out .....

Ride safe you all (thumbs)

Return to “North West”