GPX Files

gsdman

GPX Files

Post by gsdman »

Hi lad's n Lasses,
Seen as Im of sick with a bad Dog bit to my hand I have been a messin around with the route for the Bulgaria trip.
I intend to try and cover as many things on my to do list during this trip as I don't get many chances to do big trips.
So I have done these on Tyre and saved them as GPX files.
The route is shown in three separate files, stages as Tyre wont route over the St Leonardo, stelvio passes.
All I need now is someone to tell me in lay mans how to attach them on here.
Tez

I feel lost, So I have Bought a KTM 990 ADV to go look for myself.
DanielS

Re: GPX Files

Post by DanielS »

It's a piece of cake. Although sometimes for me FireFox doesn't work and I end up using Internet Explorer or Chrome.

Simply hit the "Reply Topic" link and then below the box where you normally type in your message you will see a row called "Attachments" To the right of that is "Add File" Click that and a window will open, go to the folder where you saved your GPX files and double click the first file. It'll then attach it and you'll have a new "Attachment" box below numbered 2. Do the same again to add the second file, and then the same to add the third. Then click "Submit", wait a few seconds and it should post your message with the three attachments.

Good luck :)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

easy way is the saved gpx files to a folder on your pc ..ie documents ..

then in the thread just chose add file ..a window appears and click on each gpx file and then chose insert..do this for each gpx file then chose submit...works for me everytime..dont use firefox or mozilla as th upload facility dont work..
gsdman

Post by gsdman »

cheers boys here goes!

Look on O/P this is what Im getting.
Now the files in my documents have a shortcut attached to them so when I double click them it opens up tyre with that file, will the shortcut be interfereing with me posting them?

Tez
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Dontndouble click do as I said and it will work ... A gpx file is just a garmin file type as kml is goodle
gsdman

Post by gsdman »

Hi Russ,
I'm not double clicking, single click to highlight then open and it appears in the attachments box.
Press submit and I get that can't find message.

Tez
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Pm sent lol
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

Good god I hate the sound of my own voice. But this should help, and it gives me a chance to try out my new screen recording software. View it in 720p/HD on the Youtube Website if possible as the text is clearer.

[video][/video]
gsdman

Post by gsdman »

DanielS wrote:Good god I hate the sound of my own voice. But this should help, and it gives me a chance to try out my new screen recording software. View it in 720p/HD on the Youtube Website if possible as the text is clearer.

[video][/video]
Tried to view but it say.s it a private video!
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

Sorry. Have a look now.

Return to “ABR Bulgaria Rally 25th August 2014”