August Bulgarian Rally.

strimstrum

Re: August Bulgarian Rally.

Post by strimstrum »

Boo Cock wrote:All this sounds very tempting to me. Can't access the details on facebook somehow. I am looking at a 5 or 6 day ride to get there from the darkest depths of Cornwall. I will be riding a Tigger 955i. I fancy a blat for two days or so to Prague maybe, then a more leasurley ride the rest of the way. The idea of returning via greese and Italy sounds good. Done plenty of Euro touring before , including Slovinia , Poland Czeck Republic and Slovakia. Brilliant places. Yet to try more southerly destinations. Do we need any other cover, ie, insurance etc, or is the Euro blanket covering there now?
Would love some feedback please.

Many Thanks,

Boo.
Hi Boo

Bulgaria is now a fully fledged member of the EU so your UK insurance will be valid for minimum cover - check with your insurer if you want to extend your cover to comprehensive (it may already be extended for EU travel BUT not all policies are BUT all UK policies give basic legal insurance cover in EU countries.

Travellers have already started to arrive here in Bulgaria - ;looking forward to hosting the UK ABR guys & gals

Martin
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I saw the sign for Motocamp on the right side of the road as I drove in a car from Sofia towards Varna last month.
We turned right and followed the road, only for about a couple of miles, I had two others with me who were in a bit of a rush. We came to a junction and went left, but didn't see any further signs. I guess we didn't go far enough, plus the other two were keen to get back on with the journey.
I've just got back from Bulgaria on Tuesday. The temperature is starting to rise a bit and makes for pleasant riding. August will be bloody warm, I'd recommend a hydration pack for those travelling out, especially if you plan to ride some trails.
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

SteveW wrote:I saw the sign for Motocamp on the right side of the road as I drove in a car from Sofia towards Varna last month.
We turned right and followed the road, only for about a couple of miles, I had two others with me who were in a bit of a rush. We came to a junction and went left, but didn't see any further signs. I guess we didn't go far enough, plus the other two were keen to get back on with the journey.
I've just got back from Bulgaria on Tuesday. The temperature is starting to rise a bit and makes for pleasant riding. August will be bloody warm, I'd recommend a hydration pack for those travelling out, especially if you plan to ride some trails.
A lot of people go left and then go past my house...... as you come into the village turn RIGHT by the large municipality building... down a short slope ...then turn right again then about 200 metres on your left is the Motocamp - they now have an old 1960's Izh motorbike painted in the Union Jack opposite the entrance.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Gotcha, I thought we went wrong at that junction, as I said the other two were in a rush, so I just had one shot at it!
Easy to find.
gsdman

Post by gsdman »

That's our ferry for the big trip booked,
Sat 17th Aug 23.15hrs sailing from Harwich to the Hook.
Returning on a flexi ticket for Sat 5th Sept 21.30hrs allegedly.
Can't wait to get going really buzzing now.

Regards Tez
I feel lost, So I have Bought a KTM 990 ADV to go look for myself.
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

If you don't mind me asking gsdman, how much did the ferry cost ? (thumbs)
gsdman

Post by gsdman »

Hi Whippet,
Total was £206 inc double cabin both ways, return on flexy as Im not sure when We will cross as I don't have to be back at work till 8th sept.
I know it's not the cheapest option crossing, but all considered re miles, fuel, extra nights accommodation it suits us best.
Off the ferry 07:15 I think gives us a full day to get across Germany.

Tez
I feel lost, So I have Bought a KTM 990 ADV to go look for myself.
chopper

Post by chopper »

that's the train booked 23.20 weds 20 aug .. 30 pounds .. now the route its looking like quick down to Austria . then slowly down with a full day in Romania down the transalpine .up and across the 7a up the 7 then down the transfagarasan .then bran castle . then down to moto camp hopefully by Monday see you there or somewhere on way down !!!! :woohoo: (thumbs)
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

Crofty , please see your inbox for a post from me
Thanks (thumbs)

Return to “ABR Bulgaria Rally 25th August 2014”