August Bulgarian Rally.

julianv1975

Re: August Bulgarian Rally.

Post by julianv1975 »

hi all I am really Contemplating this trip I will be travelling from Gibraltar. I am a newbie and I am currently waiting for my new GS 1200 to arrive. I was planning to drive from Gibraltar to Barcelona then get the ferry to Rome. Then down to the South of Italy and get a ferry to Greece. Once In Greece I would then make my way to Bulgaria. l only have two weeks to get there and back. My budget is limited and I will be Camping for Most of the trip to keep the Costs down. Any tips would be great and if you think I should be taking a different route please let me know.
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

(thumbs) Sounds like an interesting route julianv, how far do think that route is ? Look forward to meeting you there.I spent April 2012 in Gib and came back through Central Spain. i found Gib fascinating .
julianv1975

Post by julianv1975 »

On the road its roughly 2600km one way. And around 18hrs on ferry barcelona to italy and 5 hrs from italy to Greece. Yeh its a nice place. Bit small but hey cud not have wished for a better place to have been brought up in. It's a very friendly family orientated country. And we are all very patriotic when it comes to our home.
adventuredon

Post by adventuredon »

I am keen, but have to be back in London for the 1st September. Will this work? outward is no problem, I just have to make the school dates. Anyone know if this is possible without killing the motorway(i.e. more than 300 miles to home ferry)?
Beepee

Post by Beepee »

Are any of you guys interested in a fully equipped house in Haskovo south of Stara Zagora ? My mate has locked up and came home, the house is sitting there unused and he's not sure what to do with it. Loads of ground for camping etc full amenities, I suggested to him that he could rent it out for adventure tours passing through, great wee remote area and I've had a good few nights out there, cheap as chips meals and no tourist rates !
Opsman

Post by Opsman »

Maps and Sat Nav bought. Basic route planned. Anyone available at the Boil rally in May to offer a few pieces of advice to someone who has not visited eastern Europe before.
Thanks.
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

Opsman wrote:Maps and Sat Nav bought. Basic route planned. Anyone available at the Boil rally in May to offer a few pieces of advice to someone who has not visited eastern Europe before.
Thanks.
I've got a feeling that Mark Bushman said he was going to the Boil Rally - but don't quote me on that. If he is going he can give you the heads up on what to expect on the journey here and things to do. The Motocamp is busy preparing two extra guest rooms and Ivo will be contacting people who have booked rooms within the next 6 weeks or so to ask for a deposit via Paypal. Camping is not a problem and doesn't need to be booked. I may have a couple of rooms spare at my house if anybody who wants a room finds the Motocamp full and Debbie and Andy have a large self contained apartment for rent (they are 2 minutes from the Motocamp) with double bed. If friends are travelling together this apartment can double as two bedrooms with the living room sofa pulling out into a double bed. (Note - the Motocamp has no double beds).

The winter here has been very mild with a low of only minus 16 as compared to previous years between minus 20 and minus 30. Spring has arrived and we have been having sunny days at 25 degrees. Really looking forward to the ABR meeting. Lots planned.

Martin
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

Crofty/Opsman, I will be attending the Boil, perhaps we can discuss ferries etc and routes, my leave is booked and I'm available to depart from 16th Aug.
Opsman, I have a navigator 5 (Garmin 660) do you have similar ? I would be interested in planning route as I'm a Bulargaria Virgin too. (thumbs)
gsdman

Post by gsdman »

This is my route for the way down to ilidevo the overnight stops are were the routes start and stop with exeption to Kutna Hora to Rimavaska Soboto which will be one day.
I hope this works they should open in mapsource!
I also have a decent route for the way back which I will add on later.

[The extension gdb has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Attachments

I feel lost, So I have Bought a KTM 990 ADV to go look for myself.
gsdman

Post by gsdman »

Don't know why the petresti to Bran file is sat in the hard shoulder so to speak when it should run on after Rimvaska Soboto to Petresti.
I feel lost, So I have Bought a KTM 990 ADV to go look for myself.

Return to “ABR Bulgaria Rally 25th August 2014”